011. dance

as everyone enjoyed dancing and singing at the festival, andie noticed that josh seemed bored during the whole thing

as everyone enjoyed dancing and singing at the festival, andie noticed that josh seemed bored during the whole thing. he wasn't dancing, he wasn't singing, he wasn't doing anything other than standing behind his father and watching.

"andie, you should let those kids braid your hair." evan suggested, causing andie to walk towards the little girls.

"hi! can you..."

before andie got the chance to finish her question, the group of little girls ran towards her and let her sit on the edge of the fountain in the middle of town. evan watched them braid her hair with ribbons, smiling.

once they were finished, they gave andie a mirror to look at herself.

woah.

she thought she was gorgeous. looking over at josh, she caught him staring at her, making her cheeks glow red. the two locked eyes for what felt like a very long time.

"come on!"

evan grabbed andie's hand, interrupting the moment. he pulled her into the crowd full of people dancing along to the cheery music they were playing.

the two started dancing together, laughing together, and just enjoying the festival together.

a few moments after evan pulled andie in to dance, she noticed josh standing alone behind the king. he did nothing but watch and nod his head from time to time.

he looked bored, why wasn't he enjoying the festival? wasn't the festival for his kingdom? for his coronation?

andie tried waving josh over a couple of times, but he shook his head, looking hesitant. eventually, she took his hand and pulled him into the crowd to dance with her.

the two ended up being in the middle of a crowd circle with the whole village watching, the two didn't even notice. they were just dancing and held eye contact.

once the band stopped playing the music, the two ended in each other's arms. keeping that same eye contact, their cheeks glowed a bright red before they separated.

andie then rushed over to evan with a huge smile on her face, taking his arm and walking over to one of the food carts.

"okay, tomato. you're very smiley right now."

"that was the coolest thing ever."

"and since when did you learn to dance like that?!" he asked, clearly shocked.

"i don't know, honestly. maybe it came with the 'wishing for a fantasy world' package."

"well, whatever that was... i think you did great."

"stop it." she chuckled.

" she chuckled

time passes, the festival ended at noon

time passes, the festival ended at noon. not too early, not too late.

andie and evan ate some bread at one of the food carts and left the festival early due to the amount of noise being heard, it was overwhelming to evan.

"i think that was one of the best things ever." andie sighed, smiling as she thought about what happened in such short amount of time.

"i would've enjoyed it much more if it wasn't so loud." he replied, "otherwise, i agree."

as the two walked down the path back to the castle, they talked about the festival and what their experience was like, ecstatic over the festival they participated in.