Chapter 14

" Ah.. finally every one left. " Niyonika spoke tiredly siting on the couch as she removed her heels and moved her feet slightly. " These heels. I felt my legs literally died. " Raj chuckled hearing her and she glared at him.

" You try them na. " She challenged him and he rose his hands in surrender while Manik stared at the couple in aw. " Aww.. old couple. " Aryan spoke sweetly munching his apple as he stared at the couple.

" Shut up. We aren't not that old. Atleast not me. " Niyonika snapped at him while filing her nails and Raj looked at her shocked. " What do you mean? I am just 50. " He argued making her smirk. " And I am 48. " He tried to to speak but then kept his mouth shut.

" Anyways, Manik. I.. wanted to show you something. " Riya spoke tracing the tip of her wine glass on her cheeks. He looked up at her and motioned her to speak gaining Nandini's attention.

" Infact you'll should see this. " Niyonika and Mukti passed a smirk. She pulled out an envelope from her bag and handed over to Manik making him confuse. " What's this? " He questioned flipping the white envelope on his hands.

" A proof. " She paused as she sipped her wine seducively. " A proof to prove that your so called wife isn't innocent. " She smirked staring at Nandini who frowned. This gained Aryan's attention as he looked at the envelope.

" Look Riya, if this is another drama then stop it. " He warned her as his temper was rising hearing about his wife. " Nah.. nah. You see it yourself. " She suggested and he glared at her. " Manik, open it. "

He heard his Dad order him and he sighed. His hands opened the the envelope as pictures slipped out of it.

--------------

▪ 5 Days Back ▪

• Nandini's P.O.V. •

I looked up at him as he typed on his laptop. I sighed and closed the book slowly as I kept it on the table. Clearing my throat I spoke. " Manik. I needed to ask you something. " My voice lowered in the last sentence as he looked at me making me fidget with my fingers.

" Hmm.. ask. " He asked me as he looked back at the laptop and and made a face. " Mr. Workholic. " I mumbled rolling my eyed but his eyes snapped up at me. " I heard that. " He spoke rudely and bit my tounge.

" Now ask. " He ordered impatiently and I looked down at my lap shyly. " Voh... I wanna ask if you could let me meet my friend. " I requested and he gave me a ' seriously ' look. " This is what you wanted to ask me? " He confirmed and I nodded.

" Ofcourse Nandini. Do whatever you want to. I mean.. " He shook his head and I smiled as I again busied myself in the book. " What's the name of your friend. " I heard him as I turned the page on the book.

" Aryaman. " I spoke with a frown on my face as I didn't like the scene in the book which was happening. " He's a guy? " He asked as he started to get a little angry and I nodded. " Okay.. but take my bodyguard. "

He warned me and I gave him a mocking smile. " He isn't going to kidnap me. " I said. " And I don't trust anyone. So do as I say. " I shut my mouth and again started reading. " Okay? " He questioned and I nodded making him smile.

---------------

▪Present ▪

I looked at my pictures with Aryaman and then at Manik who looked angry. They were photo shoped. That was clear. I saw Riya and Mukti smirking at me and I rolled my eyes. " See Manik. They are kissing. " Riya nudged him and he threw the photos on her face as he stood up.

" I HAD WARNED YOU NOT TO RUIN MY MOOD WITH THIS NONSENSE. " He shouted on her pointing his finger at her when fake tears formed in her eyes. Bitch! I spoke in my mind. " Manik but see.. it.. is the truth. She cheating on you. "

She tried to manipulate Manik against me while Aryan stood in front me protecting me from them. " SHUT UP RIYA! ENOUGH. " Manik yelled making her flinch when Mom came forwards. " Manik she is right. See the pics na.. "

She tried to explain him but he showed her his palm. " Ma please. These pictures are clearly photoshoped. And about this guy he is Nandini's friend. " I looked at him as he took my side for the first time.

Happy tears formed in my eyes seeing this. " But what about this guy? " Mukti asked smirking at me. " YOU WANT TO KNOW? HE IS HER FRIEND ARYAMAN AND SHE WENT TO MEET HIM WITH MY BODYGUARD. AND WHEN THEY RETURNED HE INFORMED ME WHAT ALL HAPPENED THERE! AND NOTHING LIKE THIS EVER HAPPENED! "

He shouted as he sat on the bench tiredly and held his head. " Maybe.. they..they bribed him. " He looked at her seriously and shook his head as I moved forwards and held him from his shoulders.

" I can't explain more enough of this. You guys think she is a cheap middle class girl and not from a good society. But you know one thing. Maybe she doesn't belong from there but her heart is so pure. Did you guys ever think about me? Or my happiness? "

He asked them as Mom started to cry by now. " Yes baby. Ofcourse that is why.. I wanted to give you the happiness, and your happiness is riya. " She cupped his face but he removed them harshly.

" Did you ever ask me? Nandini! Nandini Malhotra is my happiness. My peace. My love. My everything. " He confessed as I cried silently and my heart was filled with happiness with his one statement.

To be continued....

--------------

Vote and Comment.

Thank you!