Chapter 24: Intruder

It's been two days and Marinette was finally discharged from the hospital. After several convincing Marinette was finally allowed to go off palace grounds. Marinette and Nino went back to the villa and the minute she stepped through the doors she was surrounded by her maids and William frantically asking if she was okay.

Marinette assured them that she was fine and asked where her friends were. William answered stating that they were out on their trip.

"Lady Tusrugi, Lady Bourgeouis and Lady Couffaine were quite worried about you if it weren't for Master Couffaine, Master Kurtzberg and Sir Aaron they would have probably starved themselves." William explained. "I had to ask Sir Aaron for help to make sure that nothing happened to them, for the past few Sir Aaron has been escorting your friends in and out of the villa in fear that there are others targeting them."

Marinette and Nino both felt guilty. Marinette felt guilty for making her friends worry to the point they wouldn't even eat, and Nino felt guilty for not being there for their friends but protecting Marinette was his top priority. Marinette suddenly felt exhausted and asked Nino to help her up to her room.

Marinette rested while Nino decided to go into the security room to keep an eye on things to make sure that there were no intruders. If there was one thing, he was sure of is that a villi never sends only one person. Nino was starting to understand what it takes to become a royal guard especially if they are a personal guard to a member of the imperial family. Especially if you're close to that person, the fear of not only failing them but losing them was something he wasn't ready for, but he knew that he had to toughen up because this was what he signed up for. He told the security guard that he was going to go on patrol around the villa to make sure that there were no more people.

Nino walked around the mansion and never realized how big it was.

He then heard people near the entrance and hid behind one of the bush. He took out his gun that he had been carrying with him since he left the palace. He jumped and was about to attack them causing them to scream. Nino stopped when he saw who it was and put the gun back in its holder.

"DUDE WTF! YOU COULD HAVE HURT US!" Nathaniel yelled.

Nino sighed and apologized, "Sorry I thought you guys were intruders."

"What? Intruders?" Luka said confused.

Nino looked at Aaron and said in mandarin, "The princess is safe she is currently asleep in her room, the culprit has been captured and has confessed that his employer in none other than Adrien Agreste, His majesty has ordered all knights to keep alert in case anything were to happen to the princess, The security in the palace has double, Duke Agreste has sent assassins to eliminate the empress and the princess, the SF division are currently rounding them up as we speak. His Majesty also informed me to let you know that you will be taking lead in this case with other captains from different divisions. But your main priority is to keep the princess safe while she's with her class, you are to protect her from far while I keep her safe from up close."

Aaron nodded and answered, "Very well. Thank you for letting me know, anything else?"

Nino explained Felix's plan to Aaron.

"His majesty also said he wanted to meet you back in the palace later tonight" Aaron then nodded and said that he would add more guards during her celebrations to make sure that the event runs smoothly.

Aaron looked at the group and told them he would leave them to Nino as he left.

Chloe immediately jumped at him, "I miss you, is everything okay?"

Nino gave Chloe a tight hug and whispered, "Yeah everything is fine don't worry about it."

Nino took a good look at all of them they look like they were mentally exhausted. He then opened his arms gesturing for a group hug. They all hugged, and Nino told them that Marinette was safe and out of danger and was in her room sleeping.