Legends In Love [ CLOSED ]

Ah, to be young and in love! They say it only happens once

Ah, to be young and in love! They say it only happens once. For some that may be true, but for mythical creatures and legends, it's a different story. And, of course, it's one we invite you to write!

Join WattpadShortStory, mythandlegend, and YARomance in our "Legends In Love" contest.

PROMPT: 1

You have finally gotten a chance to spend some quality time with your mythology-obsessed high school crush. Unexpectedly, you find that they aren't only an expert in mythology, but apparently also a part of the mythology! Who could they really be? A descendant of a god? A legendary shapeshifter?

PROMPT: 2

You grew up hearing stories that the constellations were once characters from myths and legends, but didn't think them to be true. Fascinated by the wonders of the night sky, you often spend hours gazing at the constellations.

One day at school, a mysterious, new student suddenly arrives, igniting sparks of attraction and captivating your interest. However, that night, you notice that one of the constellations has disappeared. What could be the reason for this? Does the new student have any relation to this?

PROMPT: 3

After eons of doing your job as a god/goddess, you decide it's time to take a break by hanging out with the mortals for one day. Prepped with a new backpack and a student ID from the local high school, you look forward to living out the teenage experience, so you transport to school to find out it's prom day. You expect that will be fun. What you don't expect is for any of the locals to catch your eye, let alone your affections. What will you do?

• GUIDELINES •

Wordcount: must be between 500-1000 words.

Deadline: The story must be submitted by 21 November 2021 (11:59 PM GMT).

You can choose only ONE of the provided prompts to write.

Your story must be new and written for this contest.

Only one story per user can be submitted.

The story must be in English.

The entry can be a story created exclusively for this contest or a part of an existing collection. Please note that only standalone stories can be featured in the Reading List.

Mature stories are accepted but it must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines.

The entry must be submitted via this FORM.

Feel free to share a direct link to your entry in the comment section below.

PRIZES

A shoutout from the participating profiles

A new, winning sticker for your cover

A slot in the anthology book of the respective participating profile

Stand-alone entries will be featured on the Reading List of the respective participating profile

Bragging rights

DISCLAIMER •

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behavior directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.

• • •