Chapter 10 - Platinum

I've always had a habit of overanalyzing a situation, but that's only sometimes helped me.

I notice things that most others tend to miss out on. Your body does not follow what your mind always tells it to do, there are times when it involuntarily acts according to the situation. These involuntary acts are almost always genuine, and it gives a true insight into the personality of the person in question.

Humans are creatures of emotion. How much ever hard you try, you cannot get rid of them, because that is what separates us from the rest of living organisms in the world. You can suppress your emotions, but you can never fully get rid of them. These unused emotions stay within the body, dormant, waiting for every moment to break free.

Sakura Airi was hiding something from the rest of the class.

I wasn't going to go and harass a lone girl into submitting and acknowledging her secret. Everyone has secrets, and they all have different reasons for hiding them. However, I could not see a possible reason as to why Sakura would hide something important from the rest of the class, like probably being a witness at Sudo's crime scene. When I had asked the question of anyone being a witness yesterday, she averted her gaze, and was looking at her table, with her hands clasped on her thighs.

Humans cannot control their body at all times. There were involuntary actions that gave a clue into someone's thought process, and reason for their actions.

Averting your gaze. Clasping hands and putting them somewhere where others have a hard time seeing it. These were actions that indicated falsehood, or in simple words, lies. Sakura Airi was lying about not being a witness. She had witnessed the scene, and was too scared to come up and confess firsthand in front of the whole class. I'd already known that she was a shy and reserved girl. She never takes part in class discussions, and is rarely seen talking to anyone. She enters the class at the stroke of the bell, and leaves at the stroke of the bell. However, she was an important lead, and if she really was a witness, then it was of number one priority for her to confirm and help us with the case.

But I couldn't think of a way to approach her without alarming her. She seemed to be the type to turn and run away at the first sign of interaction.

Looks like I would have to turn to Kikyo Kushida for help.

________________________________________________________________________________

(Class 1-D; Ayanokoji, Kiyotaka POV)

"So you think Airi Sakura is a witness? Why?", I heard Horikita speak.

"Because she averted her gaze when Takeyama-kun asked his question yesterday. She looked like she was hiding something. I think she might have a connection to Sudo's case."

While Horikita continued to bombard me with questions as to how I had figured this out, I turned front to look at Keisuke Takeyama. He was lost in thought, and was staring blankly at the blackboard. He did that very often; I've seen either Matsushita-san or Hirata-kun come up to him to shake him awake.

Keisuke Takeyama was an uncanny existence.

I couldn't quite gauge his capabilities, but I would say it was towards the higher side. His gaze lingered upon Airi Sakura for some time, before he turned to look the other way. He had also figured out that Airi Sakura was somehow connected to Sudo's case.

I think I'll let him do what he needs to do for now. He was smart, and I reckon he was much smarter and sharper than Horikita herself, and that was definitely a compliment. I didn't have to do anything about Sakura if Takeyama already had everything in place.

I would watch from the sidelines, and understand his true strength.

Takeyama got up from his chair, and walked to the other side of class. He was surely smart, I would've made the same move if I were in his place.