Chapter 48: Confusing Decision

"Camila."

My pulse was racing in disbelief as Alejandro approached; I wanted to hug him, kiss him, and punch him in the face, but I couldn't move at the time.

He came up at me and embraced me.

I looked at Valentino, who was looking at us with shock.

Alejandro was startled when I pushed him away.

"Don't you dare come near me," I warn him, and he looks at me perplexed?

He responded, "Love, what's wrong?" as if your games would play me again.

"You're a liar," I whispered, and I felt his heart quiver and his eyes fill with tension for a split second as my words stabbed him in the chest.

"I don't understand love," he chuckles as he attempts to embrace me, but I slap him.

"You exploited me! You don't believe I know about your plans?! " I screamed at him, tears streaming down my face, and he simply gazed at me, stunned.

"Get away from her, Alejandro," Valentino yelled as he approached me.

"You indoctrinated her, didn't you?" Alejandro said, grabbing Valentino by the collar.

"Alejandro, stop! Just leave!" I yelled, and he stared at me, speechless and in tears.

"Camila, he abducted you!" he said, and I was stunned. As always, lies and lies...

"You think I'd believe you!" I exclaimed, tears streaming down my face, as he reached out to take my hand.

"I'm telling you the truth, Camila, come with me, Love, remember the day you confessed your love for me?" he said, each syllable breaking my heart.

"Alejandro, please stop! Just stop!" I beg as I step away from him and see that my breathing has slowed.

"So what if he abducted me! I'd rather be with him than with you!" I replied, and he looked surprised. He wasn't the only one who was surprised by my speech; I was as well.

Valentino yelled at Alejandro, "Just get out! She doesn't want you anymore! " Alejandro scowled at him.

He grabbed my wrist and whispered, "I swear one day I'll get you back, love," before storming off.

Valentino said, "Amore, are you okay?" I pushed him away.

I questioned him, "Was it true that you abducted me?" and he sighed.

He grabs my cheeks and whispers, "Amore, no I didn't, Alejandro's making up lies, you know that." I nodded because I didn't have a choice.

"How about we go back to our lunch?" he said, and I shrugged.

"I don't have an appetite, so I'll just go rest," I remarked as I walked out of his room without waiting for his response.

I entered my room with a weaving chest, hurriedly shut the door, and went to bed, where I wrapped myself beneath the blankets and wept, crying about everything that hurt.

I was perplexed, wounded, and everything strangely sat with me.

I swear to God, I wanted to kiss and hold Alejandro like there was no tomorrow, but Valentino's words "he doesn't love you..." kept playing in my brain.

I am startled when I hear a knock on the door.

"Camila?" Francine said, and I frowned and ignored her, continuing to cry.

I lost track of how many times Miss Caroline, Valentino, Francine, and Marcelo knocked on my door, but I just couldn't bring myself to speak to anyone right now.