Left Out

"Sorry to interrupt the mood" a voice spoke from behind.

You sat up and turned to see Aether and Paimon "We think it's time we go back to the tavern to meet up with the bard" Paimon said "At this time?" you asked "We decided there will be less suspicion put into us by the knights of Favonius if we move at night" Aether explained. "That's right, let's get going to do the next part of the plan before sunrise" Diluc said as he got up.

He held out a hand for you to take "Oh what a gentleman you are" you said before taking his hand and got up, he huffed in response.

------------------------------

"Welcome back!" Venti greeted as you all entered the tavern.

"Ah, this is the Holy Lyre! You managed to retrieve it" he said "I also heard what happened to you (Name), I'm glad you're okay now" he turned to you and smiled "I'm glad I'm okay as well, luckily Master Diluc was there to be my knight in shining armor" you complimented Diluc about saving you once again.

Suddenly the door of the tavern opened to see a panting Jean, she was clearly running from where she was to the tavern.

"Sorry about being so late! I had other things to attend to and forgot about meeting here" She apologized "It's fine, did the date went well?" Aether asked "Date? I never expected Acting Grandmaster Jean to be dating someone" you said "It wasn't that hidden" Aether teased. Paimon flew beside your ear and whispered "hint hint, it's the librarian, Lisa" she winked.

Jean's face became red and looked down on the floor in embarrassment "Don't worry Acting Grandmaster Jean, we support you both, this is the City of Freedom after all!" Venti teased more "Alright, Alright, that's enough, let's get back to the matter on hand" Diluc instructed.

Venti looked down at the Lyre in his hands.

"Although this lyre is the real thing, I doubt it's going to work" Venti said "As you can see, the lyre has been through a thousand years of history. It's Anemo power has run dry. In this condition, you couldn't play music fit for even Diluc's tavern with it...." He continued. "Bards fight to get on the stage of my tavern, Don't make assumptions!" Diluc scolded the bard "Is that really important right now, Master Diluc?!" Paimon questioned "And you! Did you just borrow the Holy Lyre to play music for drunkards to hear?!" she turned to Venti.

"Hehe" Venti giggled "What do you mean "hehe"?!?!"

"Anyway, we won't be able to call Dvalin with it, the lure itself is fine, but the strings

"Anyway, we won't be able to call Dvalin with it, the lure itself is fine, but the strings...." Venti turned to Aether "You're up, outlander!" he said 'Eh?? Venti knows we're not from here?' you thought. "I don't know how to fix instruments!" Aether informed "Relax, it's not broken. It's just that the intensity of its Anemo power has greatly diminished. Maltrise, do you still have Dvalin's teardrop crystal with you?" he asked "Yes, it's still with me" Aether said as he took it out.

It was a teardrop-shaped crystal that was orange that faded to red and had red particles around it.

"Great! Try to use it on the Holy Lyre" Venti instructed as he hands the Lyre to Aether. Aether used some of his Anemo powers and the teardrop to repair the lyre.

"This youthful glow...." Jean mumbled "Praising yourself? Really" Paimon asked "I think she means the Holy Lyre, Paimon" you said, Paimon lets out an "Oh". "Thanks to the Maltrise having purified the crystal, the Holy Lyre won't continue to lose power" Venti smiled "That said, its power is far from replenished. It'd be great if we could get more tears" he continued.

"We'll help" Aether said "How can we gather more?" Paimon asked "Dvalin should already be crying now.... We should find some tears in some deserted places" Venti answered "Poor baby...." Paimon Sighed. "This is not something that an Honorary Knight can accomplish alone. I will mobilize the rest of the knights to assist. When you get the Teardrop Crystal, please let Aethet perform the purification process" Jean Added "Heroes supporting each other and setting out on a journey together.....How exciting!" Venti exclaimed "Let me come up a song for you...." He mumbled "Is that all you're going to do? Just sing?" Paimon asked "Wouldn't be much of a bard if I didn't now, would I?" Venti sarcastically answered.

"Hmph. You're so cheeky....You deserve an ugly nickname" Paimon said as she thought for a few seconds "Oh, Paimon knows! From now on, you'll be known as "Tone-Deaf Bard"" she exclaimed.

------------------------------

You all were now outside the gates of Mondstadt.

"(Name), you should stay here" Aether suggested "What? Why???? I can protect myself, I have po-" "We are not sure if you're 100% healed yet so you should stay here and rest" Aether instructed.

You huffed.

"Fine" you mumbled 'Hah! As if' you mentally rolled your eyes. "Good, we'll be back before sunrise" Aether pats your head "Wait here for Charles, I told him to accompany you to the Dawn Winery since we'll all be meeting there" Diluc informed and you nodded. You waved goodbye to them as they disappear off into the distance.

'Hm, I should wait here for Charles, when we're at the Dawn Winery and he leaves then I'll adventure off on my own, I should go to the-' You were cut off from your thoughts by a hand put on your shoulder, you looked behind you to see Charles himself. "Sorry for the long wait (Name), I had a bit of trouble getting the drunk customers out of the tavern" he apologized "It's alright, I didn't wait that long" you smiled "Let's go, it's getting late" he said as he started walking and of course you followed.

------------------------------

"You should be okay here now" Charles said "Yup, I'll go inside in a bit, I just wanna a breather and take a look at the starts before I go" you said.

Charles had accompanied you to the Dawn Winery and you were now in front of the door. He said goodbye before walking away towards where he lives or back to the city, you don't know.

'Alright, time to go on an adventure!!!'