✾𝟲𝟳✾

tw : blood 

tw : blood 

"Let's work together so we can bring this demon down!" Y/n exclaimed as she turned to look at Inosuke and Tanjiro. Tanjiro nodded. "Thank you, Inosuke for making us feel better about the previous argument!" Y/n added with a grateful smile. Inosuke then yelled as an irk mark appeared on his forehead. "Damn you!" he shouted. "Don't make me feel giddier than I already am!" he shouted loudly. 

The demon's body twitched as Inosuke then turned to Tanjiro and Y/n. "You both are in my way!" he shouted. Tanjiro then dropped on all fours on the ground. "Inosuke, Y/n, launch both of yourselves off me!" Tanjiro shouted. Inosuke then stepped on the wooden box as he aimed at the headless demon. He swung his blades at the demon, cutting both of its claws off in one swing. 

Y/n then stepped on the wooden box lightly, she only needed to step on it for one second before she launched herself in the air. "Inosuke, jump!" Tanjiro exclaimed as he raised his feet in the air, Inosuke landed before jumping high above the sky, next to Y/n. Then, Tanjiro flipped and his head was still on the ground, doing a headstand. Water breathing, fourth form, striking tide! he thought. Water drew from his black sword as he swung his blade, and sliced the demon's legs perfectly. 

The legs and arms fell on the ground with a thud. Tanjiro then landed on all fours before he pushed himself up and looked up at Inosuke and Y/n. "Now for the monk's robe cut!" Tanjiro exclaimed loudly for them to hear. Y/n was on the right, Inosuke was on the left. They both flew towards the demon, letting out a battle cry before the both of them cut the opposite's shoulders, crossing each other's path, Y/n landing on the left elegantly, and Inosuke landed on the right roughly. Blood came shooting out of the demon. 

The white eyes that belonged to the beautiful albino mother widened as sweat grew on her forehead. The body slowly disappeared and faded as Y/n sheathed her blade, Inosuke still in a landing pose. "All right! You both defeated it! Inosuke, Y/n!" Tanjiro exclaimed with a happy face, however, Inosuke and Y/n were frozen in their spots, Y/n felt a sense of shock and fear from a near distance. Tanjiro looked at them. "Inosuke? Y/n?" Tanjiro asked. Inosuke then threw both of his swords. Y/n then turned to Inosuke with a raised brow. Inosuke ran towards Tanjiro with speed. "Anything you do, I can also do, you dunce!" Inosuke yelled as he grabbed on to Tanjiro's stomach and hugged him tight, with irk marks popping around Inosuke, he threw Tanjiro to the air with all his might. Y/n's eyes widened. 

Tanjiro's red eyes were wide before he sniffed something  in the air. "This smell.." Tanjiro trailed off. "So, that's what this is about, huh, Inosuke?" Tanjiro asked. The mother's finger shook in horror. They got me! They got me! Eventhough that doll was my fastest and strongest! It's Rui's fault for coming to me with his threats! That's why I panicked! I panicked! I panicked! Panicked! she thought. Then, she felt something from above and she looked at her hands, before she looked up at the sky. Tanjiro was prepared with his sword, flying towards her. 

"From above?" the mother asked with wide eyes. Tanjiro had half of his face dark, he felt mad that his comrades were brutally murdered. Water breathing, first form! He thought. He'll kill me! He'll chop off my head! Think! You have to think, The mother looked at Tanjiro with wide eyes, she looked scared, panicked, and horrored. 

But... if I die, I'll be released, she thought before holding her hands down to her lap then rising them in the air towards Tanjiro. The webs fell elegantly. Her eyes were half-lidded. And then, I'll know peace, she thought before she closed her eyes and prepared for the incoming attack. 

Tanjiro's eyes widened, he flipped his sword. Fifth form, Blessed Rain after The Drought, he thought before his body flew past the demon, a flow of water followed alonged him before he landed on the ground. 

The mother's hair was chopped off as she looked to the sky to see light beaming at her. "This is... it feels as if I'm being showered by the gentle rain," she whispered with wide eyes. Her eyes sparkled in awe. It doesn't hurt at all... It's not agonizing...I just feel warm, she thought.  

I never dreamed that my end will be this tranquil, and now, I'll be released.

Her body and hair flew along the wind as it disappeared, her head landed next to Tanjiro's feet.  A flash of memory flashed into the demon's mind. The demon then stared at Tanjiro's eyes. Those eyes... such kind eyes... the demon thought. She then got a flashback of her own life back when she used to be a human. Tears formed on her white eyes. She shut her eyes as tears dropped form the side od her face. "There's a member of the Twelve Kizuki here," she said. Tanjiro then tensed as he looked at the demon with wide eyes. "Wait!" he exclaimed as he ran towards the disappearing head. "Be careful," that was the last words of the mother before her head vanished into the wind.