Entry #139 (11-06-21)

Dear Future Me,

I woke up at 6:30 am today, and it was a quiet morning. My room was dim, and the breeze outside my window was nice and cool. It has been a while when I last had a satisfying sleep. But my peaceful morning broke the moment I opened the door knob and stepped outside. My new dormmates, Maricar and Karen were already awake and was readying for work. It was quite a ruckus. I guess peace and quiet around here is just a farce.

My bladder was in a hurry to be emptied, so I went straight to the loo. Then I wanted to go back to sleep, but then I no longer feel drowsy. So instead of wasting time, I took the clothes that I washed and hanged indoor yesterday, and carried them up to the rooftop where the sun was shining bright. It was a nice kind of warm. The sun wasn't too scorching and it felt nice as the heat kissed the surface of my skin.

After hanging all of my clothes upstairs, I finally took the courage to reply to a message from my Facebook Dating Match. Although all I did was reply "hello" to his "hi". I recently made a Facebook Dating profile out of curiosity. I'm already turning 25 a month from now, so I just worked on my promise to start being open to dating apps and just dating in general. Plus my friend from work, Phoebe, had inspired me to just give it a try. She met her husband through a dating app that she thought would never worked for her but it did. I can't say it would be the same for me, but might as well try. Therefore, this is me contradicting myself earlier this year when I wrote Musings: Dating Apps. Well, change is constant, and we both know how I could change my mind in an instant. Hahaha.

Then after procrastinating for a bit, I finally decided to wash my dishes and cook my breakfast. Then I laze off once more and practically just scrolled over my newsfeeds to kill time. When I finally found the energy to fight off my laziness, I decided to wash the bedsheets I used last week. Then I took a bath and prepared for our lunch date later this day.

Manil was running late from our projected time for our meet up, so I decided to go to Centro disregarding our plans to buy something for Diane before going to ZNG6. Tomorrow would be Diane's 24th birthday, and we planned to celebrate it earlier since we are all unavailable on Sundays. I brought the painted gift bag I prepared for her months in advance, and placed two books that I haven't had the time to read inside it. One of the books in there was Patricia Scanlan's Forgive and Forget. I actually was with her when I bought it on BookSale last year. I think it would be a nice story, I just didn't have the time to read it. Plus, I still have a lot on the pile, so might as well give it to her.

Located inside the campus of Ateneo de Naga was Coco Café , a cute place to chill at. I love the architectural design of the café, it was very modern and very detailed. The walls were painted in turquoise, and the wooden landscape at the center complements the wall. We ordered sisig, chopseuy, shakes and fries. The food wasn't extraordinary, but my stomach was absolutely full when we left the place.

Odette, Diane, Manil and I had met once more after two years of not seeing each other in person. We had a lovely conversation inside the café. Odette was specially talkative, and forgot to eat her food immediately, all of us were already finished when she realized she had only taken a few spoons of her meal. We shared our plans to go to Bohol next year with her. She would love to join us on our planned trip. I hope we would really make it there and bring color to our plans. After eating our lunch, they gave me a tour of their old campus, we took pictures and had a lot of fun.

After that, we went on our separate ways. Me and Diane had our own date at SM, while Manil had her vaccine shot at Jessy Robredo Colosseum, and Odette went home because she was exhausted from the outreach program she attended for work that morning. I loved my bonding time with Diane! The last time we went on a date was nine months ago, specifically last February. It had been so long, so we took our time and really bonded.

We went inside the department stores and tried out some clothes that we are planning to buy before the year ends. It's quite nice to give ourselves a treat once a year, and I usually pamper myself when the year is coming to an end. So I might go on a shopping spree this month or next month. I was planning to have a hair treatment in the salon, but I'm not sure if I still have the budget for that.

When I went home, I met Feby, my dormmate from Ilocos, and she asked me if I had tasted an Ilocano empanada. Their empanada is different from our usual empanada, cause it's larger and is made of rice flour instead of all purpose flour. I helped and observed them as we made it for the first time. It was so much fun. Plus we decided to eat it up on the rooftop where all the stars were shining brightly.

Today was indeed fun. And I am writing this entry at 11:58 pm.

I hope you are doing well future me.

Love,

-Krizia age 24