18 | ᴛɪᴛᴀɴ ʙʀᴀᴡʟ

ANNIE IMMEDIATELY GOT INTO a fighting stance and so did Eren

ANNIE IMMEDIATELY GOT INTO a fighting stance and so did Eren. 'Annie... Always so cynical. Like every little thing around you is pointless. Nothing worth a second look. Every now and then though, I could see through the act, especially when you were showing off your fighting skills. Maybe hand-to-hand combat didn't come for squad against our final grade back at the academy. But to you...it was a different story altogether. Yeah.. about that much at least. It was obvious you were a liar.' Eren thought to himself.

'Fighting's your whole world, but what exactly are you fighting for? What could possibly be been worth all this death and destruction?!' Eren roared, aiming his fist towards Annie to punch her. However, his attack was quickly blocked by Annie's elbow that hardened.

A strong dusty gust of wind blew past the scouts. Annie raised her foot to kick Eren, but he immediately blocked the attack with his arms. Eren grabbed her leg and threw the titan across the other side of the streets, over the roofs of the city houses.

Annie landed roughly on the rooftop, destroying the top part of the building.

Eren ran through the building, heading straight for Annie, but the female quickly dodged, thus causing Eren to crash into the building in front of him. Annie ran away from him.

"Section Commander, I hate to say it but the city will be a debris of corpses before long. Even if we manage to catch her." Moblit said to them. Hange turned to face the male beside them, "Well then that's how it's gonna be. We're sticking to Commander Erwin's plan, got it? So stop babbling and ready the nets." Hange ordered.

"Right."

Armin and Luna shared a look, before turning their gazes back to the two titan's brawl.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"I didn't sign up for this... They— They didn't say there'd be titans fighting in the streets." Hitch mumbled as she watched how chaos bloomed in the cities. "Yeah, no kidding. This is crazy." Marlo responded, sweat dripping in nervousness.