Chapter 40(End of part 4)

It's been seven days since they all left, you hadn't heard any news back from how the war was going, or if they had even made it there safely. Yet everything on the homefront was running smoothly, slowly the servants became more responsive with you as Andriel convinced them to give you a chance at being their master. Now it seemed like they were pampering you too much.

"Your grace! Do you need anything??" A butler called out from behind the office door as you tried desperately to get some work done.

"for the fourth time, I am fine. Thank you very much."

It's not like you didn't appreciate the offers and constant worry. But it was so strange to go from ignoring you to respecting you almost overnight, it made you wonder just what Andriel said to them.

You didn't really mind the annoyance every once and a while, after all they would genuinely talk to you about their daily lives and activities. That was your favourite part about talking to them, they filled the silent castle with stories. All the citizens were busy with helping each other and the war effort.

"My Lord, farmers send a message that the harvest is going well."

"thank you, tell them if they need anything I'll see if I can provide it"

Things were really starting to feel like it could be your new home.

One day you got a message that Philza would be visiting you. He had some important news to share that needed to be discussed immediately.

"Y/N!!" A familiar voice called out to you, behind you the blonde man strode over. He had a worried look on his face and a book clutched to his side. "I'm glad I finally caught ya" His face softened, he was always running around trying to help people.

"Oh hey philza... Where are the kids? I thought you would bring them for a play date"

"The kids sure do miss you but...I came alone. I have to talk to you, I discovered something you might want to hear"

He led you back to the office and away from prying eyes. You told Andriel not to let anyone disturb you.

"understood your grace, please inform me when you would like to have tea"

"I will...we should sit down and have tea like yesterday"

"oh I would love your grace!" she happily thanked you for cursing and skipping off. You returned back to Philza, who sat on the chair near the desk. His face was serious as he placed the book onto the desk.

"you might want to sit down"

You did so, sitting in front of him to look at the book curiously. He began to flip through the pages until he landed on one he had marked down as important.

"I found this book going through the records and history of the fae, this one caught my attention as maybe having answers to your strange abilities and why you didn't die from mana consumption."

"...I really never used these powers when i was younger...or at least I don't remember"

"I believe you...and this is why"

He flipped the book so you could read its contents; Dragon of Ender. You blinked in confusion of what you were reading and how it related to you. What was written told the tale of the god of destruction or the god of end, it was a giant world eating dragon that reigned hell upon the overworld until it was locked away by the King's ancestors.

"Philza what...what is this?" You looked back up at him confused, he gave you a sad look.

"Y/N...I think you're part Ender...a direct descendant of the Dragon"