ᴛʜᴇ ɢʜᴏᴜʟ ᴋɪɴɢ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hate is a venom that blossoms within.

In your organs, blood gushes turning to ink, boiling and overflowing until you can taste it behind your teeth. It seeps through your pores, the sickly sweet tar akin to acid on your skin, forever peeling off layers until you've worn yourself threadbare. It screeches as static in your ears, eating away all of the colors of the world, everything now monotone and meaningless.

Revenge is its only cure.

It could be my calamitous disposition or a future so flawed no curse could ever be quite as grand.

To go where the spirit meets the bone.

The Ghoul King has to go home.

━━━ ₊˚. ☾ ˎˊ- ━━━

I was suffocating in a mansion far too frigid.

Echoes of my footsteps playback as I ascend the grand staircase, an insurmountable torrent of unease crashing into me with every step I took. The rope in my throat knotting and growing tighter by the second. Hanging onto the fragile pieces like the Gardens of Babylon; something that seemed so real but may just be verisimilitude in guise.

Ostensibly, I dreamed far past the byline where I should've rooted myself. Crested higher than what should have been possible and dared to look beyond the aether into starry spheres instead of the chthonic pavilion I was locked up under so nicely.

What did Reiji say it was again? Foolish.

How I could never kill Karlheinz. At least not in the pathetic human life I've been condemned to suffer through.

I scoff and open the door of my bedroom, not bothering to turn the lights on and head straight under the mountain of blankets on the bed.

Just a few days ago I thought things were looking for the better. I was finally making some progress with the Tsukinamis, and everybody that I thought regarded me as simply a ghost from their past came to get me. I, the girl who always got picked last on every team was now picked for this team.

So why is everyone so cold again?

I told everyone my goal of killing Karlheinz back at Banmaden. I showed them the parts of me rusted with a vintage hurt that I couldn't cure by myself, took off the armor that so tightly guarded my heart, and told them the words that I never dared whispered aloud.