*How?*

Iris froze at the name, it was something she hadn't heard of in 9 years. She tried to think if she misheard him, or maybe there was another girl named Iris Dursely. Her mouth went dry and it led her to think it was Percy, but she hadn't jumped to conclusions yet. The man seemed unaware of the girl's loss of words and munched on his breakfast happily. "I-i'm sorry, I don't think I've ever heard of an Iris Dursley." She lied simply. Her hands were getting sweaty and avoided eye contact, the one feature she hadn't been able to change. He shrugged. "Not many people know, I haven't seen her in 9 years anyway, she might look different." Iris gulped and she was now 90% sure it was Percy. She tried to keep her cool and tried to conceal herself. 

"You have a date with someone who you haven't seen in 9 years? How does she know where to meet you?" She asked with slight sarcasm. He shrugged, "Dunno, just have a feeling she'd be here. I need to talk to her." Iris kept her eyes trained out the window, but the man was looking at her. "What if she doesn't want to talk?" She suggested. "Then I need her to listen." He said simply, irritating Iris. "You can't force her to hear something she doesn't want to hear," Iris said, finally looking into his blue eyes. The man felt content that he got to see her face, he smiled to himself. "No I can't, but she should listen because she hasn't listened to anyone else's thoughts except for hers." He took a sip of his coffee, turning away from her. Iris wasn't sure what she was thinking, she just wanted to be left alone. "I wish I got a chance to talk to her before she left, it wasn't her fault." He said quietly, and it brought tears to iris' eyes. She shut them to avoid his gaze, then opened them when she made a decision.

"How'd you find me, Percy?" She whispered. She scolded herself for letting herself surrender so easily. Percy smiled at her, a longing emotion on his face. "Wasn't hard." He said. Iris almost scoffed. "Well, it's been nearly ten years, I thought you would have come sooner." She said, then realizing she sounded like she was complaining. "Not that I wanted you to." She muttered bitterly. Percy didn't seem fazed by the unwelcome greeting. "I tried really hard the first 2 years, then I knew you weren't coming back so I gave up." He started. "Wow," Iris interrupted. "So sweet." She said. This wasn't how she imagined them meeting again, she wasn't sure why she was being cold. Percy wasn't mad, he kept calm. "I started dating Audrey Bennett (Idk what her last name is) " Iris's heart fell again, she was disappointed. She turned her gaze back out the window, but Percy just smiled to himself again. "We broke up a year after because I wanted to find you." Iris looked back at him, hoping he wouldn't say he loved her. "Why?" She asked. "You deserve to know that it wasn't you who killed-" He started, but as he expected, she cut him off. 

"I did Percy. I murdered him." She seethed. Percy didn't seem fazed. "See? That's what I need to talk to you about. You can't keep blaming yourself for something you didn't do." He sighed at Iris's lack of response. It was what she feared nowadays, it haunted her dreams. She remembered running past Fred, his lifeless body, a smile without the joy. The image visited her every day, and she was left with guilt. "I killed your brother, Percy, even though I was under a curse, I killed him." Percy pursed his lips. "You were going to kill me, but you didn't." He said. Iris licked her lips. "Yeah, Instead I killed Fred! My stupid wand-" She stopped, she hadn't said anything related to the wizarding world in a long time, and it felt foreign. She blinked and shook her head. "Leave me alone Percy." She said, then starting to leave the table. Percy didn't make any effort to stop her, he stared at where she was just sitting. 

"Fred wouldn't have wanted this." He said, making Iris stop. Despite the loudness of the cafe, it felt silent to Iris. "Fred's dead because of me." She muttered. "No," Percy disagreed. "He's dead because of Wheeler. He took over you," "And I couldn't fight him!" Iris yelled, but no one in the cafe seemed to have heard, making iris believe Percy put a spell. She turned back around to face Percy, who didn't flinch at her tone. "Iris, you're not weak for not being able to fight back," he said. Iris felt tears starting to pool, but she disregarded them. "Yes I am, Wheeler wasn't that strong, and I couldn't fight him!" She sighed ashamed. "Iris, you were nearly unconscious, he took advantage of that." The words flew through Iris like a ghost. "But I was about to kill you if it weren't for my- w-wand," She gulped. "Yo-you would have been dead because of me. But I still killed Fred!" Her face was red and blotchy, but she paid no attention. 

"Iris, he was ready to die, we all were. But you need to understand it wasn't your fault. Fred would never have wanted you to blame yourself, and the whole wizarding world puts the blame on Wheeler, not you." His words seemed to have eased her a little. "But what about George? I took his best friend, oh and Molly. Your whole family couldn't possibly forgive me." She cried. "I can show you Iris. They've accepted it, but they want you to know that it wasn't your fault. Everyone misses you, Iris, we want you to come back. that's why I'm here." Iris gulped, the fact of seeing Harry and the Weasleys made her uneasy. "They won't want me, I mean, you guys seem fine without me. I don't want to go back." that was a lie. She desperately wanted to return, but she was scared of what the world would think of her.

"That's the worst lie I've ever heard you say," Percy said with a small grin. 'Iris, life hasn't been the same without you. We tried to find you, but couldn't, so people tried to move on. But we can't, not without you. I can't move on without you. and I know you probably don't want me back, and that's alright. I just want to bring you back, I want to bring back Iris Dursley." iris pondered on his words. "How'd you find me?" She asked curiously. Percy sighed. "Well, after 5 years, it was easier to find you since I supposed you already settled down somewhere, and I took a wild guess to Canada and tried to find you by looking through the Canadian Wizard Ministry, but I couldn't find you. Changing your last name didn't help, and your hair colour." iris cracked a grin which surprised her. She was proud she made it hard for anyone to find her. Percy sighed. "I don't know how, but when I was going to give up, you were on the newspaper, the shop actually. But you were there, and I recognized your eyes immediately." Iris cursed the news station. She specifically asked not to be taken pictures of, but apparently, it didn't go through their thick heads. 

"So you got lucky?" Iris asked. Percy tilted his head. "I'd like to call it fate." He said with a teasing smile. Iris rolled her eyes. "I thought you didn't believe in that stuff," she said. Percy shrugged. "Yeah, but it got me here." Iris looked down and smiled, Percy looking at her smiling. They stayed silent. "They really do miss you iris, and look, if it doesn't change your mind, I'll bring you back here and I'll leave you alone for the rest of your life." He seemed serious. Iris took in a deep breath and sighed. "Fine, but we're going my way." It meant taking the plane and the bus. But Percy grinned. "Fine by me," He said while reaching into his pocket and drawing out two plane tickets leaving for London in 6 hours. He looked at her and raised his eyebrows, saying 'i win'. Iris narrowed her eyes. "Curse your smart arse." She muttred.