twenty one

Three weeks later..

It was Daloni's official release date and everyone was really excited. Being that it was only 10AM, Daloni was still sleeping, unaware that he was about to be waken up.

"Heaven, Doctor Grey said that we have to get some blood before he goes." Jayda told her putting the gloves on.

"Jay he just gave a pint the day before yesterday." Heaven sighed, shaking her head. She knew Daloni was going to have a fit times two when he had to be pricked with a needle again.

"I know babe, but Grey need to check his iron and calcium." Jayda replied.

Ever since the adoption day, Heaven was taken off of Daloni's case. She could no longer be his nurse because of their relationship. It was to risky and against hospital guidelines.

"Okay." Heaven nodded, typing her patient's new vitals into the computer. She had been at work for a couple of hours but she would be getting off when Daloni was discharged.

Jayda went into Daloni's room seeing him sleeping peacefully. The IV in his arm was now empty and he was finally hydrated enough to be without it. Jayda knew it was about to be complete chaos waking Daloni up with a needle, but it was easier than doing it while he was awake.

"Daloni, time to wake up." Jayda whispered bending down into his ear.

She then started prepping the needles and tubes for the tests. Daloni started stirring in his sleep, unprepared for the pain he was about to endure.

"Loni, wake up." Jayda said, rubbing his slight grown back curls.

Daloni had lost all of his hair from the cancer and the treatments, but it was slowly growing back. His hair was growing back very silky.

His eyes fluttered open adjusting to the light. When he saw Jayda he stared at her with a straight face.

Jayda discretely cleaned his arm with a wipe and then threw it in the trash bin. Daloni's eyes closed shut, and as soon as they did Jayda stuck the needle in his arm, popping his eyes back open.

"No!" Daloni yelled, squirming around.

"HEAVEN!" Jayda yelled, trying to hold Daloni with the needle still in him.

Heaven ran in the room and when she saw Jayda's struggle she quickly went to assist. "Wait papa, it's okay." She said, holding him down.

"No mommy!" Daloni cried, trying his best to get out of her hold.

Jayda hooked the tubes to the needle allowing them to quickly fill with his blood. She made sure to do the task expeditiously so Daloni could calm down.

"Done." She said, removing the elastic band from around his arm. Quickly wrapping his arm, she threw the needle in the disposable bin and left the room.

"Mean." Daloni cried, pointing at Jayda.

"Want me to beat her up?" Heaven asked, sitting on the bed with him in her lap.

Daloni nodded his head and wiped his face. He moved her shirt to the side and got comfortable in her arms. His lips attached to her nipple, sucking the milk out of her.

"Papa I'm at work." Heaven chuckled, throwing a blanket over him. Daloni stared in her eyes, not caring about anything she had just said.

"You ready to go home?" She asked, wiping tears from the creases of his eyes. He ignored her and kept drinking the milk like his life depended on it.

Around ten minutes later Daloni was done and fully awake. Heaven had just got done helping him brush his teeth and wipe his face.

"Is somebody ready to go home?" Doctor Grey asked, filling his hands with sanitizer as he walked in Daloni's room.