Chapter V: Don't Drink the Champagne

I had been at the party for half an hour now, waiting for Esther to show her face. My soulmates stayed out of my way, but kept close so they could keep an eye on me. It was sweet, but completely unnecessary.

"Well hello there." A vampire greeted from beside me. I was currently sat at the little bar area that was provided. Glancing to the man, his bright blue eyes were eating up what they saw when he eyed me. I rolled my eyes. I put my mates off, what makes him think I care about him? I could feel the eyes of said mates on us. Jealousy floating around me.

"Bit busy." I told him honestly. I didn't look to be doing anything. No drink. No person to speak to. Lydia had gone off to have fun. But me, I sat here on a stool with a dress that was not made to be sat in.

"Mhmm." He hummed, glancing at me and raising his eyebrows in question. "Sure seems like you are." He mumbled in a sarcastic tone. If I wasn't on the hunt for Esther, this man could have been a good friend from what it seemed. He reminded me of my younger brother, Ricky. I suppose he is long dead by now. Even more reason to kill this bitch. I missed out on so much because of this witch and I had every intention to find out why and then rip her heart out. "So are you the new baddie in town?" He asked, drinking a bourbon casually. I glanced at him calmly and smiled.

"I don't know what ever you could mean." I mocked. He met my eyes and smirked.

"If you weren't such a threat to my friends, I would say I liked you. But unfortunately you could end up being the big bad wolf in this story." He explained. I raised a thin eyebrow at him.

"You honestly think I'm here to kill your friends? I don't even know you. I'm here for one person and once she is dead, I'm gone." Now it was his turn to raise an eyebrow.

"She? And who is the lucky lady?"

"Esther Mikaelson." I told him, not worried about anyone trying to stop me. I could just bite this guy if he got in my way.

"The original witch? What did she do to get on your bad side?" He questioned as I notice people gathering at the staircase. I stood up as he did.

"She took something from me. It's only fair I return the feeling." I told him and walked away. I stood at the staircase, seeing thee of my mates standing up there, another one joining next to Esther's side. His eyes snapping to me immediately. Shock and an overwhelmed expression spreading across his face. But my eyes stayed on Esther. She looked anywhere but at me.

"Excuse me, I saw you didn't have any champagne." A brunette muttered, offering a flute to me. She was a dead look alike of Tatia. Which made me a bit more leary of her than the vampire ftom earlier. She was a doppleganger. I took the drink, making sure to touch her hand some, but one sniff and I knew not to touch it. I let my eyes stray from Esther and glanced to each of my mates individually, them all nodding at me in understanding, before looking at the girl next to me.

"I might be a bit distracted, but mind you, I can smell the magic swirling in this drink before you even gave it to me. What's it do? Kill me? Ground me? Or is it worse?" I questioned, my eyes staring into this girls brown shocked eyes. "Ooo, I know!" I took another sniff of the liquid. "A linking spell? Fancy." I whistled. I smirked as my eyes dilated. Handing the girl the drink. "Here, you look thirsty." I smiled, she grabbed it and threw the drink back, no hesitation. When she came to she looked confused, shocked and even afraid.

"Ho-how did you do that? I'm wearing vervain." She shook her head, not believing I had just compelled her. I smiled at her sweetly.

"I'm not just an average original. My family bloodline is of the Alfson." I told her, which only made her more confused. I leaned closer, my red painted lips near her ear as I inhaled the scent of her blood. "I'm an elf. My compulsion is stronger than the creatures you play around with." I told her, running my nose down the column of her neck, a shiver running through her. I could nearly hear the growls in the room. Not just my mates. I knew the attention was on me. I dragged my nose back up to her ear. "Shame your blood is now tainted with that potion. I am so terribly hungry." I tsked, walking away from her, leaving everyone to stare in my wake.