13

Omniscient| February 13 2019, A Wednesday night.

de•raged
/dē'rājd/
adjective
adjective: deraged.

mad, insane

to rage so hard where you eventually reach the point where your body shuts down mentally as well as physically because you got extremely fucked up at rage.

Zenaida chewed her bottom lip with her hand resting on her hip as she paced the floor of her living room in South Carolina, she had decided that she was over what happened and wanted to let elijah and some of the others know.

She was sick and tired of beating herself up about something she had no control over, something she couldn't even wrap her head around.

Her mom and brother was gone so it was the perfect time to invite Elijah over which wasnt easy because of the way he was, he was still mad at her.

She stopped pacing the floor once she heard a soft knock on the front door making her say a silent prayer before opening revealing Elijah.

Zenaida smiled small taking in his appearance before stepping out the way allowing him to come in, she really just wanted to jump on him and tell him how much she missed him but it wasn't time for that.

He sat on the couch and Zenaida followed making sure to leave a good amount of space between them because she was sure he didn't want her close.

"So, what you call me over here for?" His voice was laced with evident attitude, he assumed Zenaida called him over him for some bullshit wanting to apologize with the same shit from before so he wasn't feeling this at all.

Elijah couldn't lie and say he didn't miss her and wanted to know why she honestly did what she did but part of him didn't wanna hear none of what she had to say and wanted to continue on with his night.

Zenaida cleared her throat thinking of a way to explain everything to him but she couldn't find the right words and she could sense elijah getting agitated by the minute.

"Man, I'm finna leave." He stood up to leave but Zenaida blocked his way asking him to stay with tears threatening to fall from her eyes making Elijah huff and plop back down.

Elijah pulled her down on his lap and wrapped his arms around her as she broke down, although he wasn't happy with being here right now he hated seeing her cry and leaving her here all vulnerable by herself is something he just couldn't do no matter how hardbody he acted.

"Talk to me." He whispered in her ear tracing circles on her lower back as he listened to her try to control her tears.

When she didn't reply he just placed a kiss on her forehead and waited til she was ready to speak to him, clearly she needed a second to get herself together so he let her.

It was silent for a few moments before Zenaida got up from Elijah's lap wiping her eyes and retook her seat on the couch beside him.

She took a few deep breaths fanning her eyes as tears filled the brim of her eyes again.

"Okay so." She rubbed her hands up and down her thighs, something she did whenever she was nervous, or had something to say that she didn't want to.