Chapter 2 - Rimuru City

We soon arrived at the city. I honestly couldn't believe it, this slime managed to solve literal racism, as all kinds of monsters coexist in peace. It's likely due to her being the strongest entity around, but it's still impressive. One use of Dream's Unique skill checked that for me, they all respect, no, revere their leader.

"Man this is a lot. Didn't expect to see no unhappiness with your city so far, uhh, Miss Rimuru?"

"I don't have a gender since I'm a slime. You can call me Rimuru."

"Oh wow. Can't say I expected that. Cancel me Twitter."

As we enter the gates, some mini dragon-looking guy shows up, his purple colored scales in full display. It's hard not to spot his pride, he oozes of it every time he talks. He greets Rimuru and then turns to Milim with a mocking face.

Oh, I also learned the language by extracting people's memories and building it upon them.

"Welcome back, Lord Rimuru! Also, who is this little runt?"

In less than a second, he was sent flying from a punch from the Demon Lord. He tumbles through the paved road, bricks flying everywhere every time he makes contact with the soil.

Milim quickly moved next to him, blood lust in her eyes and a fist raised to the level of her chin.

"Who're you calling a runt?! You wanna get murdered?!"

It did not take long for Rimuru to run over and calm her down, desperation in his face. The lizard guy quickly sits up from his place on the floor marked cartoonishly with his body.

"I think I saw my father on the other side! By the way, who's this litt-"

As he was saying, Milim's blood lust creeps upon her face again.

"I mean, this young lady?"

"Milim. She's a demon lord." The dragonewt Gabiru-I heard from his little gang- instantly starts fearing for his life.

A lecture on the Demon Lord ensues. I can hear Tommy complaining to Phil about how boring it is.

I can agree, but the way he's acting, he'll get one of his own. After so many years through fighting for his life and facing trauma, he still finds a way to be the most annoying person I have ever met.

Afterwards we get brought to a stage. Yeah, Rimuru decided to introduce both of us to his people, I repeat, on a stage.

Makes sense, but every time a bunch of people gathered in front of a stage while I am present things tend to go south rather quickly. Oh well. All I have to do is avoid the spotlight for as long as possible. Thankfully, having to stay out of the public's eyes is pretty easy when you've got a childish Demon Lord to contend with. 

"We've got two new allies here. Please treat them like guests. This is Demon Lord Milim." 

I honestly expected shock, even fainting, from the monsters, and even though there was shock, it was quickly replaced with praises. "I've decided to live here now! Nice to meet ya-noda!" To which the crowd cheers further.

"Hmm, Friends with a Demon Lord..." Rimuru says quietly. 

Milim reacts to that.

"Indeed, friends seems a little weird. Let me think, instead of friends.. We're besties!"

At this point Rimuru has to go along with her, not only is the crowd cheering for it, they've got a walking nuke that almost cried there. 

"Anyway, this guy's Dave. He's also pretty strong."