8-THE EYES NEVER LIE

I couldn't stay at the apartment any longer. I had to drive back to my hideout and drown my thoughts in alcohol. I had to blur my vision with cigarette smoke. You're probably wondering why I'm interested in Alora. Well go back and read my thoughts! I NEED HER! Sure I've got Lucy under my sleeves but she's nothing except Axel's nightmare. Well, the truth is she's Lizzie but for now, Lucy shall hide her identity. Besides, he never noticed her at the club.

I knew Axel had his eyes on Alora; the night at the club when he asked for Ruby. Do you think I'd allow that to happen? No, nonsense but now Alora could be possibly injured or even worse DEAD. All due to Santiago and his reckless driving. He could possibly go to prison but where's the fun in that?

I need something or someone as bait to lure him into my trap but not so soon. He knows their an enemy out for him after the videos and photos got leaked but who could be f*cking around with my plan?

Meanwhile...Axel's Mansion

I bit my fingernail so far up that blood was starting to drip down. The stinging feeling energized me with excitement. I needed to figure this all out before something worse unfolds. I know someone's f*cking around with me but who could it be?

I hadn't had a war or disagreement with anyone for a while. Especially since I have Devine to protect I try my best to avoid quarrels. I sat back in my office chair in deep thought, who even is Ruby? That I needed to know as well.

The door to my office creaks open; revealing Cedric who walks in shutting the door behind him.

"She's much nicer than I expected"

"Hmm"

I couldn't think clearly right now.

"Tell me what happened the night of the accident Ax."

I looked up at Cedric sort of squinting from the pounding in my head from all the heavy thinking.

I proceeded to let out a deep sigh,

"I left the club expecting to be heavily drunk from drinking. I remember I barely drank or took a sip because I saw her"

"Saw who?" Cedric asks confused

"Her name is Ruby. She works at the Red Strips Club. She isn't like the others who work there."

"Ruby? What about her?"

"The day I saw her was the night with Felix. I wanted to come back so I could talk to her and so I did but I was told she left after her performance."

"What does this have to do with the accident?"

"I'm getting to that part Cedric"

"I stormed out and got into my car. As I drove I decided to take a shortcut through an apartment parking lot. I was in such deep thought about Morse Jones as well and I didn't see when I hit her."

"I wish I had stopped you from going out to the club. You cant be so reckless Axel!"

"I wish I had stopped myself too, Cedric but I sort of met Ruby"

"I thought you said she left?"

"Ruby, she's the one hit"

"You hit a woman you're interested in?! Good luck trying to get her to be interested in you"

I rolled my eyes at Cedric's words. Of course, I knew I probably lost a chance with Ruby but maybe we could at least be friends?

"Cedric"

"What?"

"I need to talk to her"

"Sure, she's in the medical room with Lilith"