Bones and Blood

"What do you want?"

"I'd advise you watch your tone, i fear no Fatui not even their strongest member, i won't tolerate your superiority complex"

Scaramouche crossed his arms and leaned against the door he just entered from, "Well, Still what do you want?" he asked again and the woman in bed sighed. "The maids and butler's who've been watching over my daughter since her collapse have told me that you've refused to leave the room unless it was for your own basic needs, tell me boy, why is that?"

He raised his head, peering down at the woman in bed "We're alone, I've made sure the maid who oversees my health has left for a while, any secret you may have involving my daughter is one i deserve to know" he scoffed with a pity chuckle. "The daughter you despise? If i had anything to tell i wouldn't waste my breath on you"

She sighed and looked down, E/c eyes without light "A few year's ago she worked for the 10th harbinger, Dottore was his name if i am correct. They cared for eachother a lot despite how he has been described to me, But one day she came here which as you know she never does and was struggling to keep it together.."

He raised a brow and lowered his head so he no longer looked down on the woman, "She told me that he blind devotion didn't pay off like mine did, he left her for dead and she was lucky to be saved by another harbinger who's name was Ajax, i don't want that same mistake to happen. I may hate the path she has chosen, but she is still my daughter and my only one at that..so Scaramouche was it? How do you feel towards my daughter?"

"Like i'd tell you, Your sob story does you no good. Now I'm leaving" he pushed off the door and turned around to open it.

"Scaramouche isn't your real name, is it?"

He paused, his movements completely halted.

"how did you.."

"This family is more powerful then you think, we hold many things, business'..warrior's and such but we are almost just as strong in Fontain as we are in Foreign countries..such as Inazuma. I've visited with the Shogun once, the real Shogun, She told me about you, Kunikazushi"

He turned with wide eyes and walked closer to the bed, "Like hell she did" she looked up and smiled. "Will you tell her?" he scowled, "That you're a puppet that's become the puppeteer, and yet she seems to have you wrapped around her fingers..you care for her or you at least have a soft spot for her"

He snarled, "ma'am.." a maid peeked from the door "She's awake..but we couldn't keep her calm" Alarmed; Scaramouche bolted out of the room and made a b line for the front entrance.

"Hey!" he yelled, "She was right here.." you mumbled quietly as your head fell in dismay, he slowed his pace and stopped right behind you. "She used..power's from the abyss to..wait" you wondered a few steps ahead, star's shimmering brightly.

A few feet ahead of where Lilia disappeared was another envelope, this time with the family seal that she likely stamped before hand. You didn't have the heart to open it so you handed it to Scaramouche and he hesitantly took it, "I..Don't want to read it.." you mumbled softly.

"Wait where's your mask?" you turned around with your head hanging low, "Everyone who works here is sworn to secrecy, they aren't even allowed to have kamera's inside the estate..i have nothing to worry about.." you rubbed your arms and walked passed him.

"Hold on, your mom was questioning me before i came to find you. You and Dottore huh?" you pried your arm out of his grasp. As if he didn't even ask anything, you silently walked back inside, desperate to sleep "..Dottore, huh" he chuckled and followed after she entered the house while he read the letter.