Prologue

We've all heard of the original story 'Lovely Princess'. A very vague and bizarre story where everything seemed to shape itself into a happy ending for the protagonist Jeannette. It was not a real book and I've never read it. Nope. But like everyone, I know the story.

Once upon a time, in an empire called Obelia, lived two very beautiful princesses, daughters of the emperor Claude de Alger Obelia. The first princess, Athanasia de Alger Obelia, whose mother, the emperor's favorite consort, lady Diana, died giving birth to, had been raised within the imperial palace, but neglected by her father since he has long 'forgotten' Diana. The only one that seemed to care about her was her nanny, Lilian York. The second princess, Jeannette Margarita, whose mother was none other than Claude's ex fiancee, Penelope Judith who was a power hungry noblewoman who preferred sleeping with the crown prince Anastacius de Alger Obelia, Claude's older brother, for more influential power and a higher percentage of accessing the throne.

Long story short, Claude destroyed his engagement to Penelope before killing Anastacius, forcing her to flee the palace with baby Jeannette in her womb. Penelope had sought out refuge in her cousin's residence, Roger Alpheus's, and died giving birth to Jeannette there. Jeannette grew up with Ijekiel Alpheus, Roger's son, and hid her identity as the emperor's daughter for the sake of Roger's plot to place Ijekiel on the throne. At her debutante party, Roger finally returned Jeannette to the imperial palace and introduced her officially as the second princess of Obelia. Jeannette, sweet and caring, got along well with both her sister and father, even getting the crimson death, Felix Robane, as her personal knight. Claude doted on her while continuing to ignore Athanasia.

At the end, Roselia Margarita (what a delightful aunt), Penelope's little sister, poisoned Jeannette and put the blame on Athanasia. Claude, very furious, executed his daughter. Overwhelmed with grief, Jeannette went crying into Ijekiel's arms. Once she got past it, they married and lived happily ever after.

Seemed like a very good but a bit unfair story. Good thing nobody read it. We all read the other masterpiece called 'Who made me a princess'.

 We all read the other masterpiece called 'Who made me a princess'

It starts off the same way. Diana and Penelope both still die in the same circumstances. But O/C had travelled into that world and inhabited the body of young princess Athanasia ever since she was a baby. O/C had read 'Lovely princess' and wanted to change the plot because that was one terrible ending for Athanasia. She gained Claude's love, restored the memory of her mother so that rumor that she was forgotten would disappear, introduced the character of Lucas, the tower magician, and made Ijekiel fall for her all by keeping a strong bond with Jeannette. That Athanasia was as incredible as she was kind and generous. There was also Anastacius who came back from the dead. It was very much better than the original plot.

Ahem yes.

I was just a normal girl with an abnormal heart. I was not a very gold-hearted person, my heart wasn't even functional so I couldn't really afford to think of others too. I dare say my heart was really a piece if crap. I spent my time in my bedroom, homeschooled, reading novels and manhwas, taking my medicine, chatting online. I had heart attacks often and heart pain was even more frequent. I was hospitalized for a very long time (about 4 months ish) as well. I came in once for a heart surgery, and it wasn't supposed to be my first nor my last, but when I let my eyelids close because they put me to sleep and reopened them, I was here, in Obelia.

My first thought was: 'Oh so it has finally happened to me...'

I wasn't very surprised and I hadn't spent 24 hours just figuring out where I am and asking myself plenty of questions like every other incarnated. Due to the amount of incarnation into non-existent or in-game characters I've read, it wasn't much a surprise. Roxana Agrece, Melissa Podderbrat, Penelope Eckart, Abigail Friedkin, Eris Mizellian, Ripley Liverpool, Yerenica, Canaria, Fiona Green...And of course our all time favorite Athy. I've read so many of those, so so many that I was able to comprehend my situation immediately. Half of all manhwas these days are about a person going into a romance fantasy novel and changing the plot.

Long live Isekai!! Whooohoo!!

But how do you explain incarnating into a Manhwa where somebody else is supposed to incarnate?! Are we doing a double thing or-...Oh forget it. Long story short: I reincarnated into a manhwa where somebody else reincarnates into another original story.

I am now Penelope Judith. The woman who is supposed to die, in any version of Lovely Princess, giving birth to Jeannette Margarita.

Well I am not exactly pleased to incarnate into her, but between waking up as a count's daughter and waking up as my normal dysfunctional self wheezing and coughing out blood, I think I'll settle for a count's daughter. After all, if there is a God, I suppose it is fair of him that after making me a person with severe heart problems, to at least give me a chance to actually see what life for healthy people is like. It only seems fair this way. And changing Penelope's very pathetic end shouldn't be too hard.

Cause of death: Childbirth. (Important bonus: Child is Anastacius's.)

Solution: Never sleep with Anastacius.

As you can see, I'm a logical person.

Sleeping with Anastacius had never been a good thing to do anyway. I never liked the character of Penelope Judith. If she had just stuck by Claude, something amazing could've happened, you just never know.

There's a very important problem that I may cause however. Penelope Judith did play a very large and influential role on every plot, both on 'Lovely princess' and on 'Wmmap'. If she hadn't made the move on Anastacius, she would've stayed engaged to Claude, thus neither Athanasia nor Jeannette would've existed. Claude would've never met Diana and thus...

But is that really a very important detail? If Claude and Diana were fated then they will happen. I'll just mind my business and avoid everyone.

I stared into the mirror, into these green emerald eyes that used to be Penelope's but now are mine, and put a hand on my heart, which skipped no beats and didn't sting at every 5 pulsations. She had a decently pleasing appearance. I'd say she has a face like a cat, a very power hungry cat. Her hair is okay. She doesn't look like a younger Jeannette. Her eyes weren't as big, shiny and cute. Her hair was longer, more voluminous, but definitely not shiny nor silky like Jeannette's.

Well clear observation: Only protagonists are allowed have shiny delicate beautiful appearances above every others apparently.

At least her body was slim and nothing in her is dysfunctional. She doesn't exactly emit an antagonist vibe either. She was normal, nothing more than that specific someone whose role is to betray the father of the female lead, sleep with his brother, carry the latter's child and then finally dying to bring the original protagonist into the world.

But now her identity is mine. And I have decided to use her life how I see fit.

And it started alright. I woke up in a big bed with servants ready to fold into four to serve me.

"Jane." I said to the maid who was brushing my hair.

"Yes miss?"

"When is my next visit to my fiancé?"

"In two weeks, m'lady."

"Very well." I smiled "It'll work out fine."