| twenty eight ; going to tokyo

the shadow in the light

chapter twenty eight; going to tokyo

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"there are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"how many times have i told you to not be reckless, y/n?"

gun-hee stood at the window in his office, hands behind his back while he looked at her. he was beyond furious to find out that she and jin-woo intended on fighting the double dungeon alone. what's even worse was that jin-woo was in a short coma, and he had been asleep for three days.

"i know dad, i really do-"

"then why on earth would you fight that dungeon alone with hunter sung?! you could've gotten seriously hurt!" gun-hee yelled.

"but i'm not hurt! i'm perfectly fine!" y/n shouted as she stood up from her seat.

"you know how much i care for you. i almost murdered president matsumoto because of the jeju island raid," gun-hee added.

y/n held his hand, looking up at him with sad eyes, "i know dad. but danger will always come for me as long as i'm alive. jin-woo and i... we're the same. whatever danger he will face will eventually come to me as well. i can't depend on people to protect me."

"i'm an old man y/n. my days are numbered, and soon i will no longer be here. that's why i have to protect you," he whispered with a sigh.

y/n froze at his words. she looked at him with eyes wide as she shook her head, "don't say that. you're not going to die yet."

[a/n: haha nice joke.]

gun-hee sadly chuckled and placed his hand on her head, "one must always be prepared."

y/n quickly wrapped her arms around him as she mumbled, "i'm sorry dad."

"i'm sorry as well. i was just worried. you're the daughter i never had," gun-her muttered.

y/n smiled softly and nodded her head. she pulled away from him and glanced at the clock. her eyes widened slightly and she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "i have to go check on jin-woo."

"any news?" gun-hee asked.

y/n shook her head and sighed, "i'm worried about him. that's the first time he's ever passed out."

"he'll be fine," gun-hee assured with a smile. y/n nodded her head, grabbing her belongings and walked to the door. "i'll see you soon dad."

"take care of yourself y/n," gun-hee said and watched her leave his office.

as y/n drove to the hospital, her phone started buzzing as a call came through. y/n picked up the call, not knowing who was calling her since she was focused on the road.

"hello, hunter y/n speaking," she said.

"y/n, hyung-nim's awake!" jin-ho's voice rang out.

"jin-ho?" she asked before her eyes widened. "jin-woo's awake?!"

"yeah, he was asking for you when i entered his room."