Chapter 9

I sat in the car with Tony, on our way to a meeting with Secretary Ross. It was just about seeing how the Avengers were going and such under the new Accords. I technically wasn't allowed into the meeting, seeing as it was government and highly confidential, but I'd needed to talk to Tony, and he was already getting into the car, and he somehow roped me into coming along for the car trip.

My phone began ringing and I saw an unknown number. I answered the phone while Tony typed away on his hologram-thing.

"Hello, this is the Avengers' office, how can I help?" I asked.

"Y/n."

The familiar voice of Derek Hale filled my ear. I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"Mr Hale, I thought I'd established that Mr Stark was done talking with you. Forever," I said.

Tony glanced at me.

"Come on, just one more chance," he pleaded. "The joining of our companies would be extremely profitable."

"Mr Stark knows this," I said, "but he still-"

"Just ask again, woman!" he yelled.

Tony looked up at me and sighed before holding out his hand for my phone. I handed it to him, and he placed the phone against his ear.

"Derek," he said. "Shame to know you're still trying to talk to me."

I faintly heard Mr Hale start to speak again, but Tony cut him off.

"Listen, I'm just gonna speed up the process a bit here by telling you to stop harassing me and my assistant, or else I'll get a restraining order, understood? See you never."

Tony then hung up the phone and handed it back to me.

"You're welcome," he said, putting on his sunglasses.

I thanked him and he waved me off. We arrived at the building with Secretary Ross and Tony made his way to the building. I stayed in the car, seeing as I wasn't privy to the conversation, Avengers' assistant, or no.

Happy took me back to the tower and I got changed into my suit before heading down to the training rooms. Natasha stood there with Pietro in a headlock. When she saw me, she let go of him and Pietro rubbed his neck.

"Y/n," Natasha greeted. "Ready to start another lesson?"

I nodded and Natasha got into position on the training mat. Pietro walked over to the bench and sat down, taking a drink of water.

Natasha waited for a moment before striking. She aimed for my left leg, and I dodged, aiming a punch at her ribs. She caught my fist and twisted my arm, bringing me to my knees. I yelped and used my elbow to hit her forearm. She let go and we continued sparring until I had her pinned down. She was going easy on me, I knew it, but I got a lot of satisfaction from beating her.

"Now, Pietro is here so that you can fight against someone bigger than yourself," Natasha said.

She motioned for us to start fighting, so Pietro and I walked up to the mat. At six feet, he was much taller than Natasha, and much more muscular. I took a deep breath and took a fighting stance, Pietro copying the movement.

Pietro struck first and I dodged. Even though he wasn't using his powers, he was still extremely fast. It was a close fight, but Pietro eventually had me pinned down to the floor. We were both breathing heavily and there was sweat running down my neck.

Gross.

Pietro got up and helped me up with a hand. Natasha went over what I did wrong, and then Pietro and I had to spar again. And again, and again, until I was the one who had him pinned down. He grinned up at me and I stood up, extending a hand for him to take. He allowed me to help him up, and I felt kind of sad when he let go of my hand.

"Well, I think that's enough for today," Natasha said, her eyes flicking between Pietro and I. "You can come back tomorrow."

I nodded once and straightened my clothes before leaving. I heard Pietro take a deep breath as if to say something, but the words never left his mouth.

so... there are barely any pietro memes on the internet i'm sorry :/ i'm going to use the ones that i can find but i'll probably just do avenger ones yk :)