29.

On the way back to their apartment, Donghee wrapped her arms tightly around Jaemin's waist with her cheek pressed against his back

To the female, she wasn't aware that Jaemin was taking her somewhere else. It wasn't until he stopped did she look up and realise they were elsewhere.

"Is this a murder act? Am I dying in a place that I don't know?" Donghee looked out at the male once she noticed he parked his bike on the side of the road beside a beach.

"No one is killing no one."
"Then why am I here?"
"Ask another question and I'll seriously kiss you." Jaemin grumbled lowly and attempted to walk away. "Can I ask another question?" Donghee looked up at the male innocently, genuinely not realising what she'd just done.

Jaemin turned around and leaned down to Donghee's level - which really wasn't much of a difference.

Everything happened so fast that the poor female didn't realise his lips were already touching hers. After a second or so, he took a step back with a playful smile on his lips.

"That was a question, idiot." In shock, Donghee stood frozen in her stance while Jaemin began to walk away from the girl.

Once realising he was leaving her behind, she ran up to the male and slapped his shoulder.

"I wasn't your first kiss was I? Is that why you're mad?" Jaemin looked down at the girl and threw his arm around her shoulder.

"I'll have you know that I had a hoe phase so no, you are not my first kiss. In fact my first kiss- actually let's not talk about it." The older whipped his head to the younger with a wide, yet sneaky, smile on his face.

"Tell me! You can't just start it and not finish what you were saying!"
"Anyway, why are we here?" The male scoffed at her attitude and turned away.

"There's a small cabin at the end of the beach and it has a great window view of the ocean and the sun. No one really goes there because it's old and abandoned."
"So you are trying to kill me."
"I mean unless you tell me about your first kiss then I might just."

Donghee let out a frustrated groan at his words and repeatedly slapped his arm. Whining in pain, he took ahold of both her wrists and pulled her close to his body.

"Slap me one more time I dare you." When a smirk grew on Donghee's face, Jaemin grew curious and raised a brow as to why she was smirking.

Abruptly, Donghee stomped her foot harshly onto the male's foot. Out of utter shock and pain, he let go of her wrists and crouched down in pain. Full of laughter and joy, Donghee ran off to the cabin. Her joyous laughter made Jaemin laugh as he stood up straight to chase after her.

Realising she was being chased, Donghee made a sharp turn to her left and ran straight towards the water instead of the cabin. However he wasn't stupid, Jaemin knew what she was trying to do and ran even faster to her.

"Don't you dare!" Donghee leaned down and cupped a handful of water and threw it at Jaemin.

In shock, Jaemin froze when the cold water hit his bare face. He looked up at Donghee and ran after her at full speed.

Donghee burst out into even more laughter and tried her best to run away. But due to the wet sand and water that hit up to her knees, it was hard to run anywhere. Jaemin grabbed onto her wrists and pulled her towards him. Donghee's palms rested on his chest while his hands gripped onto both wrists.

The two of them stared deeply into each other's eyes, yet there was no attraction. Simply two friends who wanted to have fun - nothing more.

"I would dunk you into the water but we need to get back now so I can prepare for the mission."

. . .

Donghee stood in the foyer of the "Neo Mansion" as they called it. She was bidding the dream members goodbye and luck for their mission.

"Markiedoodle, stay safe." Donghee pat Mark's head, causing him to stick his tongue out. It was almost like a daily routine for her to pat his head and him act like a 'good dog'.

"Don't worry dude. I'm Mark Lee, I don't get hurt."
"Remember that time when you bumped into a shelf and it fell on you and you broke like 3 bones?"
"..Shut the fuck up." Donghee chuckled at his scowl and pinched his cheeks softly.

"But seriously, be safe and don't get hurt." Mark nodded his head before walking off to one of the younger members calling for him.

Donghee began to look around the foyer and when her eyes landed on her brother's figure, she grew hesitant on whether to approach him or not.

Taking a deep breath, she approached Donghyuck with fear bubbling inside. Reaching him, she tapped his shoulder lightly and waited for him to turn around.

"What do you want?" He asked almost immediately after seeing her face.
"I just wanted to say stay safe."
"I can stay safe without you telling me to y'know."
"Yea but I j-" He let out a loud scoff and walked away without wanting to hear another word from his sister.

Donghee sighed and nodded her head in defeat. She accepted the 'sibling relationship' they had and left it. She decided she wasn't going to try anymore.

"Hey miss feisty," the same blue haired called from beside her, "where's my 'stay safe' and 'i'll miss you'? I deserve one too." Donghee scoffed at his bold words but broke out into a light smile after.

"Make sure you stay safe you gecko. I won't miss you because I get a whole ass apartment to myself." Jaemin could only roll his eyes at her words but wrapped an arm around her shoulder nonetheless.

"Aw you love my company~"
"In some conditions, sure."

i love their dynamic fr but

but..shits gonna go down somewhere along the line in the future👹👹