NEW. 61. In honor and blood

61. In honor and blood

✧ Luke ✧

The car stops and I hurriedly walk out and towards the building in front of me, Casper racing to keep up.

I knock the door impatiently. Then knock again, almost banging on the heavy wood.

Williams opens the door, his eyes widen when he sees us but doesn't say anything as I walk inside the house.

"Where are the Goldstein warriors?" I ask him

"Just retired to their rooms after training, Alpha." He tells me

"Gather everyone in the meeting room," I say over my shoulder, already moving towards it

A house near the mansion at the finish line of the Alpha's Hunt is the first thing I bought when I decided I wouldn't be killing those warriors afterall.

Elise was right, they did expect me to kill them. And when I announced that I wouldn't be killing them and that they are to be the personal guard of the Alpha Supreme, they were grateful.

At least they seemed to be.

And now I'll find out how true that was.

Casper settles down in a chair next to mine as I set my elbows on the table and interlock my fingers.

Soon after, men fill inside the room, a few of my own among them. Ferice and suspicious gazes turn towards me.

My gaze swims over them, assessing any malice like a hawk looking for prey.

I come up short. All their faces hold a mix of confusion and suspicion. Nothing more.

I stand up, flattening my palms on the table, gathering some semblance of stability from the smooth surface.

"My Luna is missing."

The tension that hangs in the air with those words is almost palpable. My own men look almost as panicked as I did when I first heard the news.

"She's been taken." I continue, my voice carrying over the room "By Zoya Goldstein. She intends to make her confess that I killed your former Alpha. I doubt Goldstein would explain why I did it."

"But to know what you did, she must be some sort of witness..." Williams trails off, something like a mix of shock and realization crosses his face "Your partner for the Hunt."

A terse nod of my head confirms what he's saying.

A man stands up, making my eyes snap to his. His hair is shaved off, and three claw marks run down the side of his face in ragged lines.

Leon Byrd, the leader of the Goldstein warriors. The one who had sworn loyalty to me on all of theirs behalf.

"What must we do to help, Alpha?" He asks in his gravely voice

I doubt I have any capability left to make any expression on my face, and the relief is too numbed by a killing calm.

"The Goldsteins must have some place they kept secret prisoners," I say "Some place they never wanted anyone else to find them."