Chapter 11

Chen Xing nodded in surprise when he heard about the arrest of Lai's family, showing a look of joy, "I know, I will check it out tomorrow."

    Gu Lang looked at Chen Xing's brilliant smile, moved his fingers slightly, and suddenly wanted to touch his head with his hands. Finally, he restrained his impulse and coughed in disguise.

    Chen Xing heard Gu Lang's cough and immediately recovered from his excitement. He watched Gu Lang nervously and said, "What's the matter, isn't it physically uncomfortable?"

    Chen Xing knew that Gu Lang didn't go out very often because of his poor health. Even if he had any needs, he always told Qiu Jiu to do it. Today, he went out specially for his own business. If Gu Lang has something to do with it, he will be very upset.

.After Gu Lang coughed, he saw Chen Xing staring at him nervously and waved his hand gently. A soothing smile appeared on his pale face, "I'm fine, it's just an old illness. Just get used to it."

    Seeing that he had finished speaking, Chen Xing stared at him still worried. Gu Lang suddenly changed the subject and said, "By the way, what were you doing in the kitchen just now?"

    Hearing this, Chen Xing suddenly remembered the pumpkin cake he had just steamed on the fire! He hurried to the side of the stove, put out the fire in the stove, and then opened the lid of the steamer.

    Seeing Huang Chengcheng's desserts that look like reduced versions of pumpkins, Chen Xing first breathed a sigh of relief, then looked at Gu Lang inviting credit and said, "I just made this this morning. Would you like to try it? Pumpkin, the bean paste I used in it."

.After Gu Lang nodded, Chen Xing took two small plates, picked three for Gu Lang and Qiu Jiu, and handed them to them.

    When Qiu Jiu got the cake, he was curious about its shape, held it and looked around for a while, and exclaimed, "You are so good at making this thing. I have never seen such an exquisite cake before."

    Chen Xing smiled and did not answer. He used to specialize in cooking, but he was not very familiar with pastries. This is one of the few.

    After looking at it a few times, Gu Lang directly took it and ate it, and took a bite. The glutinous rice mixed with the fragrance of pumpkin floated out, and the next bite was sweet bean paste. The two were combined with each other. The mixture became a strange delicacy.

.After Gu Lang took the first bite, his eyes lighted up, and then he speeded up faster. After three or two, he finished eating the plate. Then he looked at the steamer, and he wanted to eat a few more. .

    Chen Xing noticed his eyes, covered the lid and didn't open it. He looked at Gu Lang and said, "This stuff contains glutinous rice and bean paste, which are not digestible. You will have to eat later. You can't eat more. "

    Seeing disappointment in Gu Lang's eyes, Chen Xing pursed his lips and coaxed: "This dessert can be kept longer. If you want to eat it, you can eat it again tomorrow."

    The look on Gu Lang's face improved after hearing this. He put down the plate casually and looked at Chen Xing and said, "In this case, I will go to rest first and call me when I have dinner." After speaking, he turned and left slowly.

.Chen Xing looked at the back of Gu Lang's departure, and didn't know if it was an illusion. When Gu Lang left just now, he seemed to look at the steamer with regret.

    Thinking of Gu Lang trying to hide his unwillingness for sweets, Chen Xing suddenly thought he was a little cute~

    After having breakfast the next day, Chen Xing, who was worried, decided to go to the street to find out about Lai Jiu.