CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8

A DARK FIGURE blending into the night entered the Canson's estate unnoticed. Every guard that the figure passed by dropped to the ground without much of a fight. How could they fight? Before they could draw their swords, one of Hakken's blades had already slashed them. Hakken knew it'd be better to sneak in and not cause disturbance, but his lady ordered, "Destroy them." Of course by his lady's will, he would.

It was already past midnight; the moon was high, and the thick smell of blood surrounded the whole Canson's estate. Anyone who tried to stop Hakken met their demise, and the whole Canson's estate was in chaos.

"Don't let him come any further!" screamed the head of the Canson's house who was woken up by the commotion Hakken caused. "Kill him! Kill him now!"

The Canson's hired men immediately surrounded Hakken. They believed in their numbers, but they were nothing but a small fry to him.

"Kill him!" The head of the Canson's house felt as if his head were about to burst with anger. This man whom they didn't know just entered their estate and started causing havoc. He couldn't be reasoned with, and all his men met their end with his blade.

Hakken looked at the men surrounding him and sighed. "Come on, I don't have all night. I still have to go see my lady."

The men felt insulted at Hakken's nonchalance that they all mindlessly attacked.

Spreading his arms, Hakken didn't even move from where he was standing and just waited for his enemies. Taking advantage of his war blades, he use one to block and the other to attack. With his quick footwork that could evade any attack, his powerful slashes that could cut a man in half, and his strength that no one could penetrate, he made the head of the Canson's house back away in fear.

Now the men that the head of the Canson's house was depending on were all dead by the hands of one man.

Trying to escape, the head of the Canson's house tripped on his own foot and fell on his back. He trembled in fear after seeing the blood dripping from Hakken's sword.

No one had ever raised their swords on the Canson's family. Everyone was docile and wanted to be connected to them because of the profit they could give, but all of that meant nothing now.

"W-What do you w-want? I-l'll give it a-all to y-you...p-please don't k-kill me," the head of the Canson's house begged. "I'll g-g-give you a-all my m-money. J-just spare m-my l-life."

Hakken sighed at the pathetic sight of the person in front of him. "Free the slaves."

The head of the Canson's family paused for a second before he started laughing hysterically. "All this for those worthless slaves?! Pathetic! Pathetic!" The man continued his hysterical laughter. "You made the Canson's family your enemy for those worthless and filthy halflings?! You will pay for this, do you hear me?! You will not get away with this!"

Hakken expression darkened, and the blade on his right hand swung and slashed the neck of the Canson's head of the house, beheading him in an instant. "That's for calling my lady pathetic." Hakken clicked his tongue as the head rolled on the floor, and then he left and went inside the Canson's house, looking for the halflings.

When Hakken didn't find any, he stepped out and started searching in the whole property until he saw a small house with a chained lock on the door.

Swinging his sword, Hakken slashed the chain lock and pushed the door open. He stopped when he saw trembling halflings, fearful for their lives. And they even became more scared when they saw Hakken's sword covered with blood.

Hakken quickly put away his sword on his back and spoke. "Everyone in the Canson's estate is dead. You're free."

No one moved even though they knew the man was speaking the truth. Their slave collars had opened, meaning their owner had died.