Battle at Stark Tower

----- January 13th, 2012 - Queens, New York -----

"Y/N? Jesus Christ, what happened to you?"

Peter walks over to me and pulls off his mask as I crawl in through his window. I was completely drenched in the waters from the Hudson. My cape was leaking all over the floor.

"Big big albino black man chucked me into the river."

"Why didn't you fly before you dropped?"

My eyebrows raise at the 'suggestion'. 

"Why didn't I just fly? God, why didn't I think of that?.. Of course I thought of that. I was too tired. I'll just get him next time."

I turn over to his bed and flop onto it. 

I'll get him next time. This was just a temporary setback. 

"How's Dr. Connors?," I ask him.

"He uh said he had to head to a tower for something."

A tower? 

Tombstone mentioned something about a 'tower going boom'. I really hope that's not where he's heading. But knowing the shit that happens in my life, he's definitely heading there.

"Peter, check the tracker. Knowing them, they probably found it already."

Peter moves over to his laptop where the receiver to his tracking device is plugged into. He picks it up and moves toward me. 

I run my hand through my hair, trying to squeeze the water out faster.

"It's still working. They haven't found it yet."

"Of course they found it already. It's a trap. They wanna lure us wherever it is they are."

I sit up and grab the laptop from is hands. I look at the screen to see where it's transmitting from.

"Oh. A tower near the center of Manhattan.."

I know exactly where they are.

"Peter.. Get Dr. Connors on the phone."

----- January 13th, 2012 - Upper East Side, New York -----

The elevator was going up to the top. The sun started rising a few minutes ago.

I had to sneak my way in due to the hundreds of people outside. Apparently they heard gunshots from within. And where there's danger, people always show up. Mostly to record it.

 If I'm right then Tombstone and his men will be waiting.

I still don't understand why they wanna blow up Stark Tower.

A ding signals I've reached my destination. The doors open to reveal Tombstones men lounging around the unfinished tower. It had nearly no furniture and the lights were off.

Tombstone was just outside above the 'Stark' Logo.

I run full force into one of them, they go soaring into a wall. 

The others hop to their feet.

I freeze one of them and bash another's head into the ice. As another stalks toward me, I lift the frozen guy and throw him. 

I hear a grunt to my left. When I look over one of them was injecting something into themselves.

His skin turns to a shade close to Tombstones but not as strong.

So that's why they had Connors.

He moves closer to throw a hook. I attempt to block and get pushed back a few feet.