Chapter 4 ~the rooftop~

Narator's pov

'She should be talking to the male lead right now!'

Kaito murmured to himself. Everything seemed to be a dream, but it wasn't.

'You've finally woken up!'

Yukina (the female lead) said softly. Giving Kaito a sincere smile, but no one knows what's going on beneath that sincere smile. How many people have fallen for that look and died tragically as a result? Ten? Twenty? or how about thirty?

'What do you want from me?'

'I just saw you sleeping here and it's almost time for class!'

'Please leave me alone.'

'However, the teacher stated...'

'I'll go to class later. It's fine, I've already revised the majority of the material in the textbook.'

'If you say so... But you have to show up to class later or I'll come find you!'

'I know, I know.'

Kaito was irritated, but he couldn't afford to be rude to the female lead now can he? After Yukina left, Kaito went back to sleep. The fact that Yukina came to find him was unusual. She wasn't supposed to be there, but Kaito was too lazy to do anything about it. It's not like it'll affect the storyline a lot so it should be fine.

Yukina's pov

The teacher told me to go find Kaito. I wonder why? This is a waste of time anyways. I have to find him quickly so i can go and talk to Yuki! He's probably at the rooftop again so going there would be the best choice. The rooftop is his favourite place after all.

After going to the rooftop

Where is he? I've walked around the roof top already. Wait... Is that Kaito over there sleeping on the bench? Why's he sleeping? Whatever it's none of my business let's just finish this quickly and held back to my classroom.

'It's time for you to wake up, Kaito!'

Yukina spoke in an angelic tone with a sweet smile on her face.

Why is he not waking up? Was he always such a heavy sleeper? Ugh! This is extremely troubling. Such a waste of time.

Kaito slowly opens his eyes, irritated, and says

'Who jolted me awake?'

Yukina was surprised because not many people spoke to her in that tone.

Perhaps it's because he just awoke... Anyway, now that he's awake, my job is done.

Yukina noticed a change in Kaito after talking with him for a while. Like has changed dramatically. He's not usually like this. He's usually very nice to her, but right now all he wanted was for her to leave. He's irritated by Yukina's appearance. It was strange, but Yukina preferred to leave it at that as further investigation would take a long time. And he didn't want to waste time on someone who was pointless like Kaito.

Narrator's pov

The last school bell rang, and time flew by. It was finally time to go home. While everyone was packing their belongings to return home. Kaito was still sleeping on the bench. Except for Yukina and a few other characters, no one knew where Kaito was all day. The entire day, people were gossiping about Kaito's whereabouts. He couldn't have magically disappeared, so where was he? Even though Yukina said she'd come find him if he didn't show up to class. Kaito had predicted that she would become preoccupied by the teachers as said the novel.

It was now around 4 p.m., and most students had already left school. Kaito was one of the few students who stayed behind. Kaito slowly opened his eyes as he just woke up from a deep slumber. He stretched his arms and yawned.

'Is it really this late? I only slept for a little amount of time.'

'Only for a little while, huh?'

A voice called out from behind Kaito. Kaito became alarmed. Who was this person standing behind him?

'What is your name?'

'I'm sad you didn't realize who I was from my voice. I'll give you a hint. I'm your seatmate.'

'Yuki...?'

'Bingo! You're correct! Im so honoured that you remember me!'

*Kaito lets out a sigh.*

'What do u want from me?'

'Come on, don't be such a jerk. I'm just checking in to see how you're doing.'

'That is unquestionably a lie.'

Kaito mumbled to himself.

'Please leave me alone.'

'Nothing can be done. You'll fall asleep again if I do that.'

Yuki said with a shrug, but he was correct. Kaito had intended to sleep here again after Yuki had left, but I guess he couldn't. Kaito stood up and walked to the door.

'I'm leaving; are you satisfied now?'

Yuki nods, pleased with Kaito's actions. Yuki follows Kaito down the stairwell. There was a strange silence.

'When are you going to leave?'

Kaito inquired, irritably. He requested Yuki to leave him alone.

'Hm.. I'll leave when i know that you left school.'

Kaito dashed towards the school gate when he heard that.

'Can you please leave me alone now?'

Yuki was exhausted from chasing after Kaito. He moved at a breakneck pace.

'It's too bad... I wished I could spend more time with you.'

'It's a shame I don't'

With a smirk on his face, Kaito said. Yuki was hoping to confirm his suspicions about Kaito. He had been acting strangely since the test until now. Today, he didn't even start a fight! Yuki approched Kaito to see if he actually changed. He appears to have been correct. Kaito felt like a completely different person.

'I'm guessing something interesting is about to happen.'

Yuki smirked as he said this.

Note: So my friend lets call her... Ebbie. She pointed out that I haven't wrote anything about my characters appearance so ill be including them here! I'm so sorry that i haven't thought about Purika or Arisa's character design. The descriptions of my characters might change since im very indecisive ( ;∀;) And yes i changed the cover of my novel. Since Ebbie said that she disliked the original cover. (╯︵╰,)I hope that you enjoyed the chapter and thank you so much for the support! This chapter was a bit rushed so it might not be as good. Feel free to leave a comment and give me some ideas for the story! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Character descriptions:

Characters
Males
The main character is Kaito suzuki
-brown hair
-grey eyes
-height: 167 cm
-likes to sleep
-talented in studying and music

The second main character is Yuki akira
-black hair
-blue eyes
-height: 172 cm
-talented in everything

The third main character Haru Fuji
-blonde hair
-brown eyes
-height: 169 cm
-talented in swordsmanship

Females
The main character is Yukina Aisaka
-long pastel pink hair
-green eyes
-height: 165 cm
-talented in arts and music

Her best friend (villain) Aiko Hikari
-black hair
-hazel eyes
-height: 168 cm
-talented in swordsmanship and arts

Helper is Purika Ariko (haven't thought about it yet)

Supporting character is Arisa Aka (haven't thought about it yet)