CHAPTER 23

Genesis

It's been exactly 3 years since I lost my father. 3 years since the love of my life turned on me. 3 years since I shot Carlos, and 3 years since I began training as the leader of the Sangue Azzurros.

I got my marriage break signed that same week that I shot Carlos. I've been hiding ever since and thank god he hasn't found me. I'm sure he wants me dead.

Living in our safe house hasn't been ideal for me but living on my own turf is too risky with Carlos being alive.

I wanted to die when I found out he wasn't dead.
I remember it vividly. It was 2-3 weeks after I had shot Carlos and ran.

I was sitting in front of the tv watching the news, when he appeared on camera. I dropped the remote out of my hand.

"We do have reason to believe that my wife has been kidnapped. And we won't stop searching for her until she is found and back here with me." It's almost as if he knew I was going to be listening. Like he was directly speaking to me.

He also lied about him being shot. He said he got shot from the shoot out at the wedding. But forgot to include the part where his wife seduced him and shot him herself.

I've had my men retrieve all my things from when it was to be moved to the house me and Carlos were to live in together.

I'm standing in our training wing, shooting at a target. When I hear Gino come up behind me.

Gino says my training has made me into perfection

Gino says my training has made me into perfection. Who knew in 3 years of training, I could take out a whole household of men alone.
I've also been working with Gabriel.

There's still a voice in my head that brings back the memories of how much I wanted to stay away from what I was fulfilling now.

I tug off my ear muffs.
I give him a hopeful look, asking him if he's found Liam with my eyes.

He shakes his head.

I let out a frustrated sigh.
I toss him my ear muffs and shove my gun in the back pocket of my jeans.

"Where are you going?!" He yells.
"To look for him myself!" I yell back.

I go up to my office. We renovated this safe house to be our new base, for now at least.

I look at my board. For 3 whole damn years I haven't been able to find him. It's like he's been wiped. I've hired people to do background checks, and name searches but still nothing. He must had changed his name.