Chapter 13: A Confession

Y/n's POV:

"Teddy can we go to my dorm quickly, we need to talk." I muttered, avoiding the question about Harry getting chosen.

"Of course. Excuse us." Teddy said. He got off the floor and grabbed my waist as support to aid me to my dorm.

If I'm honest, I'm struggling. All I can think about is Greyback and what he had done. What if I'm turning more like him. I feel guilty for not telling Fred and George, their my best friends and I'm keeping a huge secret from them and I'm not sure how much longer I can cope. And right now, I need the support of my older brother and someone I can cry to. It's not often I cry but if I do, it's with Teddy and only Teddy.

We finally made it to my dorm room. Teddy placed me down on my bed and he shut the door behind us. He sat next to me and I burst out in tears before either of us could say anything. He pulled me into his chest and just let me sob until I was ready. I don't know how long I was crying for but I think it's a while. I pulled away from his chest and dried the remaining tears from my eyes with my robe.

"I'm sorry Teddy." I sniffled as more tears were forming in my eyes.

"There's nothing to feel sorry for. What's wrong y/n? I'm here to talk." Teddy said quietly as he was running his fingers through my hair, something he had always done to calm me down.

"It's getting to much Ted. Last night I was thinking about Greyback and how my life would be different if he hadn't attacked me." I whispered. "And what if I become like him?"

"Your nothing like him Y/n. He's cruel and evil and your everything opposite." He assured me, slightly pushing my head up for my eyes to meet his.

"I know how much pride he has for attacking me and dad." I whispered. "But I never talk about him like he does."

"I know he doesn't. But listen to me Y/n. Don't worry about it. Okay. He's just a horrible man and you have friends and family that will support you." Teddy reassured. It made me feel lots better knowing I had people who loved me. But there was still guilt growing inside me.

"Thank you Teddy. I appreciate it. But it's all too much. I wished it never happened. I wish I never went out that night." I sobbed as I remembered the night it happened.

~o~
3rd Person POV:
Y/n was three years old and it was the middle of the summer of 1981. Sirius Black, James and Lily Potter came over to the Lupins house with their one year old baby boy, Harry Potter.

A four year old Teddy and Y/n were playing with building blocks, seeing how could build a taller tower when everyone walked in. She immediately saw her godfather as soon as he walked through the front door.

"Uncle James!" She yelled as she toddled over to her godfather.

James scooped his goddaughter into his arms and began tickling the three year old in his arms. Y/n screamed giggling as she wrapped her arms around James' neck.

Remus, Tonks, Sirius and Lily all burst out laughing at the scene. The bond the two had was insane. The two were inseparable since Y/n could crawl. James had been honoured to be her godfather and went to great measures to spoil her.

"How's Hawwy." She asked. Not properly pronouncing her 'r's. She reached her hands out to Harry who was in Sirius' arms.

"Harry is doing great." James said "He loves to see his Godsister"

Y/n had giggled and smiled widely as James was walking her to Harry. Y/n had wrapped his arms around Harry and pretended to give him a kiss on the cheek which earned 'aww's' from the adults in the room.