7͙0͙

Omotara

I forced myself out of my room to the living room amd plopping down on the couch. Despite all Mommy's plea for me to move in with her and Roman, I refused. Yes, Mommy now lives with Roman. They had their introduction on Saturday but mom has refused to marry him until Dazzline wakes up. She wants Dazzline to be present at the party. It's funny how overprotective Roman can get when it comes to Mommy or her children which includes Dazzline, Nathan, Fayth, Genensis and I. Aunty Funmi came on the introduction and started pulling me saying that she was my aunt so she had every right to take me in. Roman almost slapped her. Roman had her through out of the venue. Now he wants to file a restraining order against her.

I didn't go to school after Monday and now, today's Monday and I wasn't planning on going to achool. I still haven't talked to Zephan. I wasn't even angry him. I just didn't know how to talk to him.

"Tara," I heard my name from outside. A voice which sounded very much like Nathan's voice. The front door opened and he walked in, clad in black sweatpants and black hoodie. He reminded me of Dazzline.

"What are you doing here?" I asked curiously, lying on the couch and starting at the ceiling as I shook my leg.

"I came to pick you up," He replied, going straight to the kitchen and coming out with what seemed to be a bag of chips.

Wait we still have those?

"Where are we going?," I asked, raising a brow at him while he stuffed chips in his mouth.

"Where else? School of course," He replied, making me eye him incredulously.

"Amd who told you I was going to school?," I asked, taking my gaze up to the ceiling and continued shaking my leg. Nathan shrugged in reply.

"I just thought it'd be nice if I resume school after the long break. I mean, Azra misses me."

"First of all, it's a month and a week since school resumed. Third term exams begin next month. Second, Azra was at the party on Saturday!" I reminded him.

"She still misses me," he replied in a duh tone and I chuckled, shaking my head lightly.

"You're going to school in Hoodie and Jeans? And you have school uniform."

"Yeah."

"You realize I'm the head girl right?"

"You said it yourself. You're the head girl so you deal with the girls. Ganekel won't deal with me because my sister's his girlfriend. In fact, where's she? Daz...." His mood turned sour as it just downed on him that Dazzline is in the hospital fighting for her life.

He dropped his chips in the dining table, "Let's go Tara."

"I need to change.."

"You're fine like this," he cut me short, grabbing his keys and walking outside. I looked down at my royal blue jumper and joggers then shrugged, grabbing my phone while touching my head to make sure my braids was still in it's neat ponytail.

*

"Tara! Tara!" I heard Zephan's voice behind me and I turned back, forcing a small smile.

"Zephan, Hi," I replied, tugging ar the sleeve of my jumper nervously.

"You weren't in school since Tuesday. I didn't wanna come to your house and you weren't picking my call.."

"You didn't wanna come to my house?"

"Yeah...you know...I didn't want what happened to repeat itself." He seemed like he was embarrassed to say it.

"Oh, I really should go now," I replied hastily, turning and walking away when he caught my hand.

"Tara, why are you avoiding me?" He asked. Slowly, I turned back to him and sighed, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you I asked Fara out first but I didn't think it'd make any difference."

"I'm not mad at you, Zephan, I just feel awkward," I replied and gave a short nervous laugh.

He was silent for a while, then said, "you really should talk to her. I think you hurt her a lot."

"You're right. But I don't know how to start..."

"You are Tara Adebayo, start anyhow you want."

*

I rubbed my sweaty palms on my skirt as I walk into the empty class. Fara turns her head and looks at me with a blank expression before looking back outside the window.

"Faramade, Hi," I say nicely. She looks back at me, then nods and then looks back out the window.

"Fara...God I don't know what to say." She probably heard the last part because she chuckled humorlessly.

"Fara, I'm sorry. There's no excuse for how I treated you back then. How I always used you guys as my minions. How I acted selfishly without thinking of you guys," I paused, taking a deep breath, aware that I was saying rubbish, but I continued anyway, "I know sorry can't take away all thouse pain you felt because of me but I'm sorry, Faramade. I really am."

"I'm not mad at you, Omotara. And I shouldn't have spilled everything in the cafeteria like that. I guess I was just hurt that you always misunderstood me," she replied and sighed. I looked at her sad face and let my shoulders sag as I slouched down on the chair next to her. Deep down, she's not the tough girl she always proves to be. She wants to be loved too.

I took her hand and squeezed it, "Hey can we be..." I trailed off, not knowing how to say it. It felt weird, me, Tara Adebayo, asking someone for friendship.

"Friends again?" She completed for me and smiled, "yes. I'd love that."

I grinned and pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

Hehehehehe😹

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Love y'all.
Buhbyeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!.
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖.
Word Count: 984.