| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 |

𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏 - 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒅𝒆𝒍 𝒓𝒂𝒚

ᴵᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒ, ᴵ'ˡˡ ˢᵗᵃʸ
ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ, ᴵ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ ʰᵉʳᵉ

𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏 - 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒅𝒆𝒍 𝒓𝒂𝒚★ᴵᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒ, ᴵ'ˡˡ ˢᵗᵃʸʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ, ᴵ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ ʰᵉʳᵉ

[ CHAPTER TEN ] 𓆩♡𓆪

"𝐈'M MAKING A MOULD OF MY FOOT FOR 𝐋AURIE TO REMIND HIM I HAVE NICE FEET." Amy yelled to her sisters, happy in her own little world.

"Mr Brooke writes that Father is still very weak but improving. Mr Brooke also says that Mother is the best nurse a man could ask for." Meg read the letter aloud, sitting at the table.

Jo took her leg of the table and walked back to the kitchen, "I wish all the letters were from Mother and not Mr Brooke."

"I'm grateful for any letters."

"I think the deep purple is very fitting for Mr Laurence. Do you agree, Amy?" Beth went to her younger sister for advice.

"Mhm. The design is very cunning." Amy complimented.

"I had to thank him somehow for allowing me to play the piano at his house all the time."

"I'm going into town for groceries," Meg called, being interrupted by Lilith saying she will come, "Jo can you look into getting more firewood?" Earning a 'mhm'.

"You all haven't been to see the Hummels. We should go." Beth sat back down.

"Beth we barely have enough to feed ourselves. Besides I have to finish this story."

"Marmee said-"

"Marmee told us to do lots of things, but we can't possibly do them all." Amy reasoned, her foot still in a tub of cement.

"But I always go by myself. Amy you haven't kept up with your tasks." Beth defended.

"We do. We work." Jo exclaimed.

"Dont worry. We'll find a time." Lilith gently told Beth, tapping her on the shoulder as she went to go talk to Amy.

"But it's been weeks." Beth said again.

"We'll go soon." Jo reassured.

"My foot is stuck!" Amy complained as Lilith laughed at her, trying to help. "Stop laughing at me! I cant get it out!" Jo laughed maniacally at her, reaching to the banister to stop herself from falling.