Chapter 4

Summer had started about a week ago. Harry, also known as Salazar Slytherin (only to himself, though), now remembered things from both his lives perfectly well. 

Though now he was in a maze-like situation. He remembered that there was a prophecy made by Helga Hufflepuff that all four of them- the founders-  would be reborn in the future together, give or take a couple of years, to rid the evil and cruel of the world to make it a better place for everyone. According to the prophecy, he will get his memories back first and has to find the others and help them gain their memories. But how he will find them, he did not know because before they could find a solution to that problem, he had died. Contrary to popular beliefs, he did not leave the school. He died. 

He decided that he needed his loyal wand back first. The one from his previous life. He remembered he had written in his will that after his death, it should be given to the Goblin King for safekeeping and it would be kept safe till he was back for it. He concluded that he should visit Gringotts very soon. 

Since he was allowed to go anywhere he wanted if he did not talk to any of their neighbours and returned home on time after he completed his chores, he decided he would go to Gringotts after breakfast as the sun had just risen.

He slid off the bed, brushed his teeth, changed his clothes, and went to the kitchen. He looked around to check if anyone from his 'family' was there. They were not. He wandlessly and wordlessly cleaned the living room and the kitchen and set the dishes while the food cooked itself. He laid the food on the plates, placed charms to keep the food warm and finished up the laundry too.

By the time Petunia came down, he had finished all the chores and was standing by the table, patiently waiting. All she could do was stare with her mouth open. 

"How did you do it all by yourself so fast?" She whispered in shock and barely hidden awe.

"Couldn't sleep, so set off to work early," Harry lied easily.

Petunia came out of her trance and sat down on the table took a bite of the food. It was the best breakfast she had ever eaten. She was shocked to say the least.

Harry sat down across her and began eating his breakfast. Then he asked, " Aunt Petunia, since I have completed all my chores, can I set off around the area? I have nothing to do right now."

Petunia thought for a bit and nodded. Harry got up and went back to his room to get what he needed to reach Diagon Alley without trouble. His invisibility cloak, a pouch full of wizarding money, and one of Dudley's hand-me-downs, which he transfigured into a hooded cloak and his baggy clothes into something that fit him.

Once out of the house and away from the watchful eyes of the neighbours, he apparated to Diagon alley and walked into Gringotts with his hood up.

"May your gold overflow. I wish to speak to the King Goblin," Harry said in a firm tone that left no place for any argument. The goblin looked at him like he wanted to protest, but obliged. He sent Harry with Griphook. They soon reached the door to the King's office and Griphook knocked on it thrice. Once told to come in, Griphook left, and Harry went in and lowered his hood. "May your enemies fall at your feet King Goblin."

"Mr. Potter, how may I help you?" The Goblin looked up in surprise. Not many people had anything to do with him in person.

"I am here to collect my wand. The one from my previous life..." Harry hinted.

The Goblin's eyes went wide, his mouth dry, "L-lor-lord Slytherin?" Harry nodded.

The goblin immediately began rummaging through his shelves. It was a couple of minutes before he found what he was looking for and gave it to Harry. The wand immediately recognized him and glowed gold.