𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨||𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞?

I was at my parents house sitting in the living room with my mom, Damon and Luca

I was at my parents house sitting in the living room with my mom, Damon and Luca. We were all sat around the table playing monopoly because Luca decided he wanted to play it.

"You cheated!" Damon yelled, throwing his cash of money all over the game before glaring at Luca.

"Did not!" Luca gasped as he rolled the dice onto the board.

"Shut up both of you," I groaned, putting my hands over my face. "just play the bloody game!"

"Boys." My mother sighed, shaking her head as she took the dice off the table after Luca rolled it.

Luca and Damon continued to glare at each other as the game went on. If there's one thing you should know about them it's that they're very competitive no matter what it is they're doing. They could be washing the fucking dishes and still find a way to make a competition out of it. Idiots.

We haven't mentioned my father ever since I've gotten here probably because we're all confused and mad at him for disappearing without sayings anything. It's quite unusual for him to do something like that so I brushed it off as nothing although my gut feeling was telling me otherwise.

Xavier hasn't texted me all day so I figured he was busy so I left him to it.

Before I could roll the dice, my phone rang in my pocket so I excused myself and answered it outside.

"Amara." Pietro's voice whispered weakly as soon as I answered the phone.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I sat on the step outside, where Xavier confessed he trusted me. "Pietro? Everything okay?"

He let out a shaky breath on the other end of the call before speaking defeatedly, "It's Xavier." What?

I felt my stomach twist with anxiety as I swallowed the lump in my throat, "What do you mean? Is he okay?"

"H-he," He let out another shaky breath which only made my anxiety grow, "was shot."

He was shot.

Shot.

My hands began to tremble as I placed one of them over my mouth to stop the sobs wanting to escape from them, "What the hell? What did the doctors say?" I breathed out as my mind raced with a million thoughts. Who shot him? Why did they shoot him?

"I'm sending someone over to take you to the airport if you'd like," He mumbled into the phone, "the doctors won't disclose anything to me because Im not a relative." He sniffled, "Bring V with you." Then the line went silent so I took the phone away from my ear to see that he ended the call.

He's going to be okay. I kept telling myself as I opened the front door to go back inside.

"I have to go, I'll be back soon." I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand making my family furrow their eyebrows as to why I'm crying but I chose to ignore their concerns for now.