Chapter 4: Preparation

….
I spent the whole night just running around while holding a clump of trash on my shoulders. Correct to my tests, my body, no matter how exhausted, will be all fine after 30 minutes of resting.

From this exercise, I got 10 Agility, 4 Vitality, and 3 Strength. Also after returning before dinner time I even got an extra 100 Exp and leveled up to Lvl 4. In the end, my stats page changed quite a bit.

————————
Name: Sokka
Class: The Gamer
Level: 4    Exp: 0.9%
HP: 200/200
MP: 100/100

STR: 16
AGI: 21
VIT: 15
INT: 15
WIS: 12
LUCK: 11

Point: 5
————————

Exercising also not only gave stats but Exp too. Though the amount of Exp was minuscule so it was better to kill something or complete quests. Thankfully I am quite good at leading the conversation to sound like a request which will in turn create a Quest for me. Those quests can either be accepted or refused, but I have no reason to refuse any Quest right now.

I even went fishing in the morning and in one hour caught 10 fish… I knew my low luck stat was messing things up!! Yesterday it took four hours to catch half that!! Thank god I fixed this before it became something catastrophic. 

Once I returned to the village, with 5 fish on hand, I put half of what I caught in the inventory. After all, extra food for the journey was a necessary precaution. Plus since time pretty much stopped once dead things were put in my inventory, the fish can be excused as just being caught. I already killed the fish since I tested it if I could put it in alive which didn't work.

The first thing that I saw in the village once I returned was that Katara was introducing Aang to the tribe population. Which is composed of a small number of women and children.

Welp, since they are all together I better make my appearance. "Hey there, who wants some fish?"

Everyone looks at me in surprise. While Katara looks at me in disappointment. "Sokka, I was introducing Aang to everyone…"

"Oh okay," I nodded and pointed at the people, "Aang this is everyone, everyone this is Aang. There, now they are introduced to each other."

"Sokka, shush it for a second," Katara reprimanded me.

Riiight… I guess this isn't the time for sarcasm.

Aang on the other hand didn't take my talking to heart and bowed to the villagers respectfully. "Hello, as you might know, my name is Aang and I am an airbender from the Southern Temple."

Immediately the villagers took a step back in fear. After all, airbenders have been extinct for a hundred years now.
This response makes Aang and Katara unhappy.

"Why are they looking at me like this?" Asked Aang his new friend Katara, "Did Appa sneeze on me?"

He checked his clothes for bison snot, not finding any. Gran-Gran saw this and stepped forward. "Hello there Aang, I am Mako, but everyone calls me gran-gran and I expect you to do the same too. I am Sokka and Katara's grandmother, and the reason why everyone seems so surprised at you is that the airbenders have been absent from the world for a hundred years. They are believed to be extinct."

The use of this specific word does not escape Aang. "Extinct?" 

Welp, better interfere before the airbender boy enters his avatar mode and destroys the buildings.

Deciding to change the subject I picked up Aang's staff and looked at it cluelessly. As if I had no idea what it was about, the conversation needed to change quickly because Aang truly had a high chance of entering Avatar State.

"What is this?" I interrogated him while twirling his staff and using it to stab the air a couple of times, "Is it a weapon? If so then it's a pretty bad one, having blunt ends and incapable of stabbing."

This pulled Aang out of his thoughts and with a quick burst of airbending he took the staff from my hands so fast I didn't even notice it.

"This isn't for stabbing, but airbending." Explained Aang excitedly, opening the wings on the staff and moving it around himself with his arms, he mimicked his flight posture. "By manipulating the currents of air around the glider, I can use it to fly."

Well, at least getting the airbender massacre out of his mind is good. He doesn't need to know of it yet, he isn't emotionally prepared. 

"You know, last time I checked, humans can't fly," I smirked while saying that, looking Aang straight in his eyes as if challenging him to fly.

He smirked while launching himself in the air, raising a gust of wind that made the villagers cover their faces and Aang began to fly in circles around them. "Check again Sokka."

Heh, seeing this from so close is quite an impressive sight. He truly was a genius airbender that got his master tattoos at a record age. 

But that impression at his skills didn't last long as after a few seconds, emboldened by the adulation of the astounded villagers, Aang attempted to fly with his eyes closed and collided head-on with a watchtower made of snow and ice, causing it to collapse.

He was still a twelve-year-old who liked to show off. Almost forgot about that.

Welp, my job here is done now, I should go back and train after I get some Exp from completing some fishing quests. 

….
After that, I was 100 Exp richer… I didn't accept any money and instead gave everyone a speech about family, like the one I have Tiga yesterday, only that I changed it into a little more broad description of the situation.

Now, this all only filled my Exp to 12%, I needed 88% more till the next level. It seems like this will become harder and harder to level up.

I let Katara and Aang go and do their own thing while I go to another side of the village to train, while at the same time keeping my eyes on the shores of the village, waiting for Zuko to appear.

.
.
.
.

I trained the whole day long and my stats rose a little too, but nothing like yesterday.
Str +2 
Agi +1
Vit +2

Agility was currently my highest stat and the hardest to raise. Also, I learned that with each level that I get, my HP increased by 50 and MP by 25.

Still, as evening comes about.

*Boom!*

A huge firework blasts into the sky, that was the trap in the Fire Nation ship. Welp, it seems like the time to meet Zuko has come. 

*sigh* Sadly even the Gamer Interface doesn't allow me the ability to beat Zuko head-on with so little time to train. 

But humans never came so far because of their raw power, instead it was their minds that led them to such overwhelming sucess.