Chapter 43

"B-Brother…please…k-kill me"

The young prince's eyes flew open in shock, his eldest brother was begging him to end his suffering. Techno could see just how much pain he was in, but what had happened to get to this point? Wilburs eyes drifted to the floor, his hands shakily gripping his brother's cape. The mighty eldest of the four brothers and king of the Holy Kingdom was pleading to be killed.

"What the hell happened to you" Techno was so shocked he couldn't even reach out to help his suffering sibling, he could only stand still to help him upright. Wilbur was so tired he didn't lift his head, Techno could feel just how weak his grip was and how it threatened to release any second.

"Please just Kill me…You have to be the one to do it" He pleaded once again, he had to be the one to do it? This didn't make any sense.

"I'm going to get a doctor" Techno tried to remain calm, leaving his brother's grip to go fetch the royal doctor but Wilburs eyes widened in fear.

"n-no! You can't!" Wilbur tried to follow, desperate to stop his little brother. But his legs gave out, he fell to his knees keeping himself up with his hands. Techno quickly turned around to help, slinging the sickly man's arm over his shoulder so he could help him walk back to the bed. The pink prince laid his king down to rest back on his bed, before stepping away. 

Technos stared hardened at the sight before him, his brother lay sickly and thin on his bed like his mother once did. Techno didn't like being around those who were dying, their last moments stuck with him the longest. Wilbur smiled weakly at his younger brother, he remembered all the good times they had when they were younger and didn't need to compete to live. 

"…I can't ask Tommy to do this, you're different." 

Techno kneeled down beside his dying brother taking his hand in his, they were cold as if he were already dead. Techno wanted to pull his hand away but Wilburs stare stopped him. The young prince's eyes softened. 

"Why don't you want a doctor or…anything?! I don't understand!" Techno pleaded with him, he felt his eyes begin to blur. Wilbur placed a finger over his mouth to quiet him, Techno did so. Another smile graced his brother's face, he would always smile like that when he was comforting someone else. 

"I'm sick…Too sick, The doctors they…they" Wilbur hesitated, as if something was forcing him to stay quiet.

"what?" Techno urged him to go on but Wilbur couldn't.

"There's so much I wish I could say…but I c-can't, you can't trust anyone here…" 

"what does that m-" 

Wilbur began to cough, a black liquid came from his mouth. It was thick and smelled of death, Wilbur was being poisoned from the inside and something was slowly consuming him, leaving his organs to be black sludge. 

"P-Please…I can't do this anymore, you're the only one I can trust…I know you're not under his influence." Wilbur's voice became weak and shallow, his breaths numbered. His influence? Before he could question him anymore Wilbur tightened his grip around his brother's arm.

"Please" 

Techno couldn't bear to see his brother die so painfully like his mother had done, so he unsheathed his sword looking at it with contempt. Wilbur closed his eyes ready to welcome the end of his suffering. 

"I'm sorry" 

Tears fell on his sword, techno eyes widened, lifting his hand to touch his face. When did he start crying? Wilbur opened his eyes to smile up at his brother one last time.