Chapter 13

Shigaraki's POV

My plan was sound, my team was strong. I was hopeful for the attack we were going to make. The first plan may not have worked, but I was convinced that, with our new friends, victory was sure to come. I swirled the drink in my hand, listening to the ice clink on the sides of the glass, deep in thought. I could see every step I was to take, down to the grande finale of defeating the final boss...

Pride, however, seemed insistent that it was all child's play. He would laugh at me whenever I would bring it up; and not even bat an eye when I would threaten him.

All of the homunculi were like that, though. All acting better than us and claiming to be immortal. They were each so... weird. More so than us.

With a sigh, I brushed off the thought and rose from my seat, "Everyone, our attack will be in two days. Let's spend tomorrow preparing-" I was interrupted by the door slamming open, and two Togas burst through in perfect synchronization.

"Guess who the real Toga is, and who the real Envy is!" They declared, beaming and giggling like children.

Twice's eyes widened, and he carefully approached the two. He examined each of them while they posed for him. "Uh... That one is Toga! No, that one is! Oh, I don't know." He gleefully played along, clapping his hands. "You two are good!"

Mr. Compress stepped forward as well, wanting to play along when Dabi cut them off, "You idiots. The one on the right is obviously Toga; you can tell by her smile." But as Dabi spoke, 'Toga's' skin bubbled and melted into Envy.

"Nice try. However, I've been shapeshifting for hundreds of years; you really think I'd forget a simple detail as the smile?" Envy cackled and jabbed his thumb in Toga's direction. "But she's just as good as I am; I like this one!"

Toga grinned and giggled airily, "I like you too; you're fun!"

I strummed my fingers on the counter and cocked an eyebrow at my minions. "Ahem."

Neither of their smiles faded. They looked over at me, and Envy stated, "c'mon, Shiggy, we're just having a little fun, don't be a killjoy."

My eyes narrowed. "Don't you dare call me that."

Toga chuckled, clearly enjoying this. "Sorry, Tomura," she said with an insincere grin.

I heaved a heavy sigh at their idiocy, staring daggers at them. "Take this elsewhere if you're not going to take me seriously. Now, as I was saying-"

"Can I have some of your blood, Envy?" Toga blurted out excitedly. I slammed my fist on the counter, growling at them.

"Elsewhere!"

They shuffled out, stifling laughter and whispering under their breath. I turned back to the group, all standing at attention. "Damn children," I grumbled, "shall we return to our discussion?"

Despite their seriousness, curiosity overcame them. "Uhm- sorry Shigaraki- we all wanna see where this is going! This is stupid." Twice led everyone out, and I followed along, angry.

I exited the building to see everyone gathered outside. Toga had finished taking Envy's blood and was drinking it. Everyone seemed excited, particularly Envy. I didn't care to watch, but if everyone else was going, I might as well. Toga drank the last bit of the blood and began transforming. But fear washed over Toga's face as she doubled, tripled in size. Everyone gasped, backing away from her. Her skin turned green, her hair black, and screaming faces emerged from the skin of her new dog-like form.

Everyone was horrified, except Envy, who doubled over in laughter. Toga shrieked, "What is this, Envy?" Her voice echoed on the buildings surrounding us.

"Little known fact, this ain't my true form!" He proclaimed, gesturing to his body. "If I can shapeshift, don't judge me by my appearance." He smirked, admiring Toga's new body. "Oh, yes, and the faces are the thousands of souls that died to make me. I've always wondered what I looked like from behind..."

Mr. Compress tried to compose himself, but his voice shook as he spoke, "Wait... You were created by human souls?'

Envy furrowed his eyebrows, "You sound just like the brat. Yes, I was. All Homunculi are created that way."

"Yes, all seven of us were created that way," Pride interjected confidently. "Not necessarily thousands of souls as with Envy, it can be as few as one or two, but you can't make a homunculus without making a sacrifice first."

The group seemed disturbed by this fact, now knowing that these odd beings they'd become good friends with had come to be from human sacrifice. Toga's form melted away, and she returned to her original skin, though her clothes were gone as usual. "So that's your true body? The one you use is so much cuter... Well, I still like you, even if you look a little different and have killed a few people. People die all the time, and that's ok!"

"Not just a few, I've killed a whole city. Started a war. Shot a little girl, too... That was fun." Envy cackled, and Toga's eyes went wide. Her lips pursed into an awkward smile, and she remained silent.

Pride let out a scoff, "Why do you keep bragging about that? It was all just a part of Father's plan."

Each of us went dead silent and remained there for a horribly long time.

**************************************

An earthquake hit that night. It was larger than any of the other earthquakes we had. The walls around me began crumbling, and I rushed outside to escape the collapsing debris around me. The ground beneath me shook, causing me to lose my balance. Dabi found me and swept me up off the ground before shattered glass from a window fell on that same spot.

As grateful as I was, I protested to him that I could have saved myself without his help.

The others joined us not long after, some with minor injuries but nothing they couldn't handle. The Homunculi, however, were irritatingly injury-free. When I turned around to look back at the lair, it was nearly demolished. The twisting and turning ground beneath our feet slowly stilled, leaving us with nothing more than a pile of crumbled bricks and broken glass.

"Well, now would be a great time to enact this 'master plan' of yours. We need to wrap things up and get back to Amestris as soon as possible. Things are getting worse." Pride remarked, stating the obvious.

"But where do we go now? We don't have our evil lair anymore..." Toga whined, pouting her lip and staring longingly at the collapsed building.

"Perhaps I can be of some assistance," a deep voice echoed slightly in our small alleyway, and all of the Homunculi fell deathly still and silent.

When I turned, a tall man with golden blonde hair and a long white robe stood there staring at us, an expression of annoyance and a sliver of anger wiped across his face. Pride was the first to respond, "My apologies for these idiots, Father. I've been trying to get us all home, but they simply aren't listening to me. Perhaps now they will, now that you're here."

This 'Father' guy, as they called him, waved his hand in dismissal, "Quiet. Envy, Pride, and Sloth follow me. Show me where the others are, and I will take you all home."

The three Homunculi quickly followed him, and they began walking down the alley until emergency responders found us. "Is that... It's the League of Villains! Someone call the heroes! I found them!" In an instant, the ground swallowed up the officer, and his screams were silenced as he was buried alive. Father looked back around at us, "Seems you've drawn some unnecessary attention. Follow me."

Thedragon2295 Hope you enjoyed that!