Twenty five

Warning I did not edit this chapter at all! I will come back to edit this I just wanted to get a chapter out there!
____________

Katherine tied the apron around her waist before punching in her card. She grabbed a notepad and a pen before taking over for the waitress working before her.  The diner was nearly empty aside from the two elderly men at the bar finishing their coffees. It was a Tuesday evening she expected the silence to last for about another hour or so before dinner rush sets in. She didn't mind it, it kept her busy and she liked that.

The bell to the diner clanged welcoming a new customers.

"Katherine hey!" She watched Tommy in his dark attire and a black beanie, come in with Elizabeth who wore sweats and an oversized hoodie. She gave a small wave before walking over almost hesitantly. Slowly but surely she can smell small wafts of marijuana coming off of them. She felt her cheeks heat up.

"What can I get you guys to drink?"

"Why so formal sit with us for a second!" Elizabeth patted the seat besides her.

"Can't working. So what'll it be?" Katherine felt her eye twitch. Why of all people did her 'friends' have to show up to her work higher than a kite? Elizabeth huffed as she inspected her nails.

"Cherry Pepsi and a regular." Katherine jotted it down before turning away from the table. She got their drinks for them before taking their odd dinner order. She left to leave her slip by the window for the chef when a rapid knock on the diner window startled Katherine. She looked over and saw Seth with a toothy grin waving at her before his head was pushed away by his sister who she caught sight of. The bell chimed at the door.

"Hey Kat!" Seth greeted her as he came up to the diner bar. The bell chimed again, Leah walked in her eyes automatically finding Seth then Katherine.

"Hey Seth. Hey Leah." Katherine smiled politely at them. "You guys can sit wherever." Seth instantly hopped on the bar stool, sitting back in his seat. Leah sat besides him with a grunt. "What can I get you guys?"

"Two Pepsi's." Leah answered before Seth can say anything. He gave her a look, looking a little disappointed, she rolled her eyes. Katherine brought them their drinks before taking their order.

"Hey Katherine is it true you and Leah are friends?" Seth asked her. Leahs eyes widened in horror before she smacked Seths arm. "Ow!" He said rubbing his arm. "I heard Leah and Ma talking-"

"Will you shut up?" Leah snapped her face going red.

"What? I was just asking you always talked about seeing her with Jake-" Leah was becoming beet red as she pinched his ear between her fingers and tugged.

"Don't listen to him." Leah stated, her face looked worried but broke when Katherine starts laughing at their sibling antics. It reminded Katherine of her and Bella when they were younger.

"I'm sure their were times Bella didn't know when to keep her mouth shut. Gotta love siblings." Leah relaxed some after she said that. Seth pouted.

"What?-"

"Just stop talking Seth." Leah interrupted him to try and safe herself some humility.

Katherine went and prepared their drinks her back turned to them. Leah watched her cautiously, trying not to get caught by Seth who was looking at the menu.  Something was changing within Leah, she's felt it ever since the breakup with Sam. She didn't know if it was the heartache or something more than that. Seeing Katherine on Thanksgiving a few months ago confirmed that shift she felt but she didn't know what it was or what it meant.

Something was going on inside her and it haunted her. She was starting to lose herself, since the heartbreak she's felt an anger deep inside her dying to claw its way out but she's kept it in check.

Leah felt a little light headed when her drink was set in front of her. She looked up connecting eyes with Katherine who smiled lightly at her before her name was called. Leah saw the frown on her face when she excused herself to walk over to the smelly teenagers in the booth.

"So what was that about?" Seth asked his sister.

"I can say the same thing to you." She sipped her Pepsi before setting it back down.

"I'm just saying...it was strange." Seth chose his words carefully fully aware of the temper Leahs inhabited the last couple of months.

"I just don't appreciate you sticking your nose where it doesn't belong." She quipped.

"Sorry." He said looking over his shoulder at Katherine chatting with the teens in the booth. He leans in close to Leah to whisper. "Why don't you ask her to hang out since like...you don't have many friends."

Leah looked at her brother like he had a death wish. He was really starting to get on her nerves and dreaded the feeling more when her mom asked Leah to take Seth out to a friends in Forks only for them to cancel once they arrived, so instead of driving back to the reservation right away they got food instead using Seths birthday money which was the only way Leah agreed to come, she wasn't paying.

She didn't understand why Seth was so interested in her life, sometimes she just wanted to be left alone. But Seth looked up to his big sister, he loved Leah whole heartedly.

Katherine came back around the bar when the kitchen bell dinged. She grabbed a tray and started putting eggs, a hot dog, shrimp basket and tomato soup. She lifted it up carefully and carried it over to Tommy and Elizabeth.

"Here you guys go." She said after handing them their food. They thanked her and she left back to Seth and Leah. "Do you guys know what you want?" Katherine asked the two.

"Yes ma'am." Seth grinned as he ordered a burger with fries, Leah the same. After putting the order in she turned back to Seth and Leah.

"Leah." Leah looked up curiously at her. She felt something stir inside her but pushed the unfamiliar feeling back.

"Yeah?" She responded. Katherine bit her lip.

"I-I'm going out to see a movie in Port Angeles tomorrow night with Jake, Bella and her friends. We're going to go see F-Face Punch if you to um go?" Seth gasped his hand coming down on the counter top.

"No way I saw the trailer to that movie last night! Can I come?" His eyes were wide and pleaded his sister trying the puppy dog look. Leah rolled eyes and gently pushed Seths face away.

"Seth you're 14 the puppy dog look doesn't work on me. I'm not mom." Leah stated before going back to Katherine.

"I have some things to get done most likely but sure, yeah I'll go." Katherine smiled.

"Okay. Great!" Leah cracked a small smile. "Well let me give you my cell number and you can text me tomorrow and I'll let you know on the time."

"Awesome." Leah responded, their eyes locking on each others once more.

~

Idk how I feel about this chapter, I wanted to start developing Leah and Katherines friendship. Does the interaction seem a bit forced to you guys? I know in the past I could've added more Katherine and Rosalie interactions before and during their relationship so I want to get better at that so I'd like your honest opinions, I'm having some self doubt about my writing abilities that I do genuinely want to improve. So until next time ✌🏼
Vote/Comment

robbstark_