The Entrance

"It came from somewhere in here. I think, maybe, the sink?" I suggested, pointing towards the columns of sinks in the centre of the bathroom. Snape stalked closer to it, holding his wand tightly in front of him. "Revelio." He incanted, but it did not budge. 

I stood beside him, tilting my head as my eyes laid on a shiny stone, a snake engraved into the porcelain sink. "We'll need to block off the lavatory. And have a ghost guard the entrance so that no further students are petrified or worse; killed. Until that creature comes back out, there will be a curfew." He turned to face me, encasing my shoulders to face him.

"Tell no-one about this, do you understand me?" He instructed sternly, causing me to nod and chew the side of my lip. The Potion's master sighed agitatedly, knowing it was already too late. "Who else?" 

I felt the taste of blood fill my mouth, as I had bitten too hard. "My brother-and Ron Weasley."

He stepped back, throwing his hands up in the air angrily, "Merlin's, Potter! I'm assuming that do-good brother of yours wants to play hero again!?" He exclaimed, causing me to furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Again?" I repeated, listening as he let out a deep breath. His shoulders drooped, "Yes. In his first year, The Dark Lord tried to return. Your sibling defeated him."

My eyes widened at his statement, as I found myself overwhelmed with fear. "But, how?" I gasped, struggling to find my words. He took a step forth and knelt to my height, taking my hands in his once more. "We don't know. But he. is. gone now. And he cannot hurt you or your brother." I found myself suddenly so reassured by my Professor's statement. Instantaneously, my fear disappeared. All that remained in my mind was the black eyes latching onto my own. And I did the one thing I never thought I could do.

Sighing exasperatedly, I flung my arms around his neck and buried my head deep into his black cloak. He tensed at my movement, his arms limp at his sides as he registered my embrace. But after a few moments, his hands patted my back out of awkwardness. And I knew it was time to pull away.

"I'm sorry I-" I fumbled, my eyes beginning to sting as he smiled softly and shook his head dismissively. "Don't be. It's alright." He soothed, rising from the floor to his natural height. He glanced at the sink once more, pursing his lips in deliberation. "Professor Sprout is currently comprising an antidote for the petrified students. Once they are returned to their original state, we will find the creature and dispose of it." 

I nodded, placing my hands into my cloak pocket. "Alright." His eyes met mine for a moment, before we departed for The Great Hall for dinner. Walking together, I came to a halt merely a corridor before the entrance.

Noticing we were completely alone, I turned to face my Professor once more. "Now, I want you to promise me something..." I trailed away, watching as his stance straightened. His eyes filled with that familiar mystery of what lied within the black abyss; and I found myself questioning the thoughts that plagued his mind.

"No more secrets. Whatever I need to know, you will tell me. And I will do the same." I promised, outstretching my hand for him to accept. He was hesitant, but his hand eventually found my own after a few moments, shaking it lightly.

We stepped into the hall and it was bustling with students as they dug into the food, oblivious to our entrance. I took a seat towards the very back, away from the other Slytherins. But a crowd was soon drawn around me as the girls in my dorm pried me with the questioning; a new rumour had found its way around the year group. One created by a certain silver-haired boy that I was the true heir of Slytherin.

To my complete shock and horror, however, they congratulated me. And I found myself hating my supremist, arrogant house more than ever. They took pleasure in the thought of, what they called, 'Mudbloods' being punished.

Malfoy watched me from afar, filled with terror whenever we exchanged a short glance. But another set of eyes were on me. And as I searched the room, I finally found Snape's eyes locked onto my own from the staff table. He nodded encouragingly, as though checking on me to make sure I was alright. Forcing a small smile, I relieved him of his concern and he turned back to Dumbledore as they resumed their conversation.

During dinner that night, Dumbledore made the announcement that a curfew would be instilled, and we would all be required to head straight to our dorms after dinner. Any nightly walks would be prohibited, and students would be required to report to their Professors for every lesson. 

Our head of house would escort us to our dorms before retiring themselves for the evening. Professor Snape lead the way to the dungeons, as we all followed in suit. The night was long and sleepless, for I could not rid my mind of the terror surrounding Voldemort's potential return.

He killed mine and Harry's parents and now he wanted to finish the job. Both Harry and I should have died the night I was born; that was obvious. But did Voldemort even know I existed? The rest of the Wizarding World were not aware of my birth until I started at Hogwarts. Perhaps, his unknowing could be of benefit to me.

One thing I was certain of, however....I was not the heir of Slytherin. I clearly was not sorted into Gryffindor because courage is not in my DNA...But I knew for certain that I wanted to fight. I wanted to fight for the memory of my parents. I wanted to fight for my brother, Harry Potter. And I wanted to fight for myself...