The Deal is not Done

-Din-

"Cara Dune, Marshal of the New Republic." I flip the coin at her, Cara sits with her feet up on the desk smirking at Mando. I scoff, "I heard rumors you might have gone legit." She shakes her head, "I wouldn't go that far." She looks past me with wandering eyes. "She's not here." Cara cocks her head.

"I need your help." "Name it." "I need you to locate someone in the prison registry." She nods, "Let's see what I can do." She opens her system, shuffling through prisoners. "Ex-Imperial sharpshooter, last name Mayfeld. Apprehended near the Dilestri system on a derelict prison ship." She shuffles through more until his face appears with the correct information I shared.

"Migs Mayfeld. Serving 50 years in the Karthon Chop Fields for springing a prisoner himself. Accessory to the death of a New Republic officer. Huh. Sounds like a real piece of work. What do you want with him?"  "I need to spring him to help me locate Moff Gideon's light cruiser." She looks towards me, deep eyes, "You know how I feel about the Empire. But these stripes... mean there are rules I need to follow." I huff, I didn't want to say this. "They have Aria and the kid." She takes one single second to comprehend the words I told her before standing.

~

-Aria-

I feel the cold metal table against my bare back, I groan turning my head, but whence in discomfort as it pulls at an attachment. "What the..." I open my eyes looking around. Needles stuck all over my body. I howl loudly alerting the guards. The door opens and two troopers walk in staring at me. "She's awake." In that instant Moff Gideon strolls in with a smirk. "You should've listened to me, Aria." He nears my fram, I swivel and turn my body away from him, but end up screaming in pain. "Shh, now, now. Don't move too much, or it will hurt worse." He flicked one of the glass vials running through a tube into my veins. "What is this?" I inquire weakly.

Moff grins at the chemical as it penetrates my blood. I feel it burning in my veins causing me to breathe heavier. "This hurts." I cry, starting to thrash on the slab. "It's supposed to." I clamor out, tears rolling down my cheeks. "STOP IT! END IT! PLEASE!"

Moff taps my cheek, "You'll get used to it." He saunters to the exit. "Make sure every last drop goes into her veins. The time has almost come." The metal door shut leaving the guards inside with me, watching me die. "Hey." I nod my head with the little strength I have. He looks to me, tilting his head. I look at the bucket of water pleading, "I'm so thirsty." He walks over cupping the water in his hands and bringing it to my face. "Thank you." I gasp, the water trickling down my face.

He's close. Do it now.

I clench my fist permitting the force to close his airway. "Stop!" The other trooper asserts pointing his blaster at me. I glare at him, my words dripping with venom, "Get me out of here." His blaster shakes slightly. Is he afraid? I smile, clenching my fist harder, the trooper in my hold falls limp, and I release him to the ground. As he falls with a thud the other trooper whines quietly. "Now," He looks up at me, "No, I-" I raise him up, slamming him into the walls back and forth until he is no more. I take a deep breath before hoisting myself up, I scream loudly as the needles retract and try to dig deeper into my skin. I pull myself away from the machine and throw myself on the floor. I look at my hands in shock. The bottom of my wrists, draws a black substance that flows under my skin. I feel it stronger than before, the impulse to slaughter, the urge to massacre for the Empire. It's why I was harvested. My purpose. I feel the force lightning tingle my fingertips. "You have a choice." The ghostly voice in my head speaks. I lean my head up searching the room, but no one is present. "You have the choice, Aria."

A choice... I could go out there as a servent to the Empire, live a life of luxury, with everything I could wish for at my fingertips. Or I could fight it, push it back down, and do what's right. The door slides open cauing me to release a force sheild, somthing I didn't even know I could do. I stare at the magical hold in waunder. "May the Force be with you, Aria."

~

Moff Gideon walks in the room containing the child. The two troopers in there are being thrown around by the little one. A trooper entering the room aim at the child, "Set to stun." Moff shakes his head, "Wait."
He nears the child, "You've gotten very good with that. But it makes you oh-so sleepy." Moff pulls his saber out, waving it infront of the child. "Have you ever seen one of these? From years past? Aria?" The child reaches for the weapon, cauing Moff to laugh, "Oh, uh-uh-uh. You're not ready to play with such things. Liable to put an eye out with one of these. Looks like you could use a nice, long sleep." In seconds the Child falls over weakly, going to sleep.
"Put it in shackles. When we come out of hyperspace, send an encrypted message to Dr. Pershing. Let him know we have got our donor and our weapon."