XX- Christmas gifts

Neville's POV

I went to bed after saying goodnight to Anna, though I had a feeling we both knew we weren't going to sleep immediately. I laid on my bed as the other boys fell asleep. My mind drifted to my friends, or rather the people I wished were more than friends. Luna had gotten the chance to hug Blaise earlier, she had taken him by surprise but he had reciprocated it. They contrasted so much. Luna's skin was pale as porcelain while Blaise's was a deep dark, similar with their hair. Blaise was so much taller than Luna. Nothing quite seemed as different as their personality and attitude. Luna seemed to always dream, even through her voice. She believed in things most people didn't. Blaise was so down to earth and his voice was so deep. I blushed at the thought of his voice. Both of them were so different but they seemed to fit perfectly together. Liking them both wouldn't help me. They were already so perfect together, there couldn't possibly be a space for me there.

I was taken out of my thoughts by movements and noises from a bed. At first I thought Seamus and Dean were going at it, finally, but I quickly realized it came from Harry's bed. It became obvious to me it didn't sound like someone going at it. The other boys woke up too. 

"Harry!" I said, trying to wake him up. The other boys quickly join me. Harry seemed in such pain, it was bone chilling. Ron looked terrified as he called out his best mate's name. He rolled over the bed and threw up. Before he could lay his face in his vomit, Dean held him up in a sitting position. Harry gasped, trying to get his breath back.

"Your dad," he told Ron, "your dad's been attacked."

"What?"

"Your dad! He's been  bitten, it's serious, there was blood everywhere!"

"I'm going for help," I said before rushing out of the room. I ran down the stairs and sprinted to Professor McGonagall's office. I had never been so fast or so focused. I banged on her door, calling out her name.

"Mister Longbottom!" she exclaimed as she opened the door. "What is this all about? It's absolutely unacceptable!"

"Harry," I panted. "Harry's not well, he said he had a dream, mister Weasley's in danger from what he said."

She paled slightly and rushed out of her room. She wasn't quite running, but Merlin was she going fast. Once she got to our dorm, she took Harry and Ron to Dumbledore's office, looking even more worried. I sat on my bed, Dean and Seamus sitting in theirs. Dean muttered a spell to clean Harry's vomit.

"You think Mister Weasley's really hurt?" I asked.

"Doubt it. How could Harry have seen it?" Seamus said.

"I don't know. I mean, it's Harry," Dean said.

"So?"

"So he's full of surprises."

"What, so you like him now?"

"Harry's my friend Seamus."

"Right," Seamus scoffed. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you two done bickering?"

"We weren't bickering."

"Sure you weren't."

"Didn't know you were the kind of person to intervene when people are talking, Longbottom," Seamus coldly said. "Makes you wonder who you've been hanging out with."

"Oh really? That's curious, it's the same people as Anna," I said.

"Of course it is."

"Seamus, stop." 

"What? I'm just saying, he wasn't like that before."

I sighed and left the room. I sat in front of the fire and let my thoughts wander. I hoped the Weasley's dad was okay. I couldn't imagine how they would all feel if they lost him. Or how we would all feel if they did. There was no saying how they would all react and it would affect Harry and Anna as well. His death would be bad for everyone. But how could Harry possibly have known?