Shy- Luke Skywalker

This was requested by @Usuario_Desactivado

This was requested by @Usuario_Desactivado. I hope you like it!
~~~

I watched the young Jedi trainee from a distance. We had won the battle against the empire and Darth Vader was long dead, but Luke seemed to be constantly preparing for the next fight. He said he wanted to rebuild the Jedi order into something better.

I gave a soft sigh as I watched him pace in frustration as he struggled to figure out whatever Jedi trick he was attempting to learn this time. I found myself wishing I could reach out and help him but there was nothing I could do. I wasn't a Jedi and I could never understand what it was like to be one.

"You should go and talk to him." A soft voice interrupted my train of thought and I practically jumped out of my skin.

Leia chuckled softly and looped her arm through mine. "I don't understand why the two of you are so shy around each other," she said. "It's obvious that you like each other."

I could feel my cheeks grow warm and I didn't need to see them to know that they were likely an unflattering shade of red. "He doesn't like me," I stated. I reached up and tucked a lock of hair behind my ear, glancing back at the Jedi.

I could practically feel Leia rolling her eyes beside me. "He does," she insisted. "I can feel his feelings radiating off of him every time I even mention you."

Sometimes I forget that the princess was force sensitive. I looked to her. She was dressed in casual training clothes. She was likely about to go join her brother before she spotted me. "Well, I can't feel it. I'm not a force user," I replied. I turned my gaze to the ground. Just as Luke looked in our direction. He waved to us and Leia waved back.

"Are you coming to train?" He called to Leia.

With a grin on her face, the princess of Alderaan nodded and before I could do anything she grabbed me by the wrist and tugged me along as she made her way down the grassy hill.

I resisted only for a moment until my eyes met Luke's blue ones. The heat rose up into my face once more. There was a reason Han always called me 'pinky.' Luke quickly averted his gaze and a pang of sadness went through me. I should've known better than to believe even for a moment that he might care for me. Leia was mistaken.

She didn't stop until we were only a couple of feet in front of him. Being so close made my heart flutter and he hadn't even said a word to me yet. What was it about this boy that made me act like this?

"Liz has volunteered to help us with our training today," Leia announced.

"I did?" The question earned me a harsh tug on my wrist from Leia and I quickly shut up. "I did," I repeated, but as a statement this time. Somewhere behind me was the Millenium Falcon and longed to return to the comfort of my bed and hide under the covers, but a small part of me was grateful that Leia was forcing me to interact with him.

In front of me, Luke shifted slightly and was quiet for a moment too long, making me worry that my presence wasn't wanted. Then he smiled and gave a quick nod. "Good, we could use the help."

"Mind if I practice mind tricks on you?" Leia teased and nudged my ribcage with her elbow.

Luke rolled his eyes and handed his sister one of the sabers attached to his hilt. "Don't worry, Liz, I won't her do any mind control on you."

My eyes met his as I sent him a grateful smile and I wasn't sure, but I thought I noticed a touch of red spread throughout his face. It was gone just as quickly as it had appeared but a grin remained on his face.

Perhaps Leia had been right.