-83-

It had became colder and the days got shorter as it got closer to Christmas

It had became colder and the days got shorter as it got closer to Christmas. The group of students all sat around the fireplace which warmed up the common room.

Asteria's head leaned on James' arm as they laugh at Marlene attempting to do a handstand on the armchair. "Asteria, what do you want for Christmas?" Lily asked the Hufflepuff.

"A dad who loves me." She laughed which made them all go silent and stare at her with concerned faces. "That's impossible." Sirius said, filling in the silence.

Suddenly, Peter jumped up which made them look over. "It's snowing! It's snowing a lot!" He exclaimed as he ran to the window and pressed his face against the cold glass.

All of students jumped up at the same time. "Last one out is a rotten egg!" Sirius shouted which made them all scurry around to put on their coats.

Asteria pulled her gloves onto her hands before James wrapped his Gryffindor scarf around her neck before racing down the hallways to get outside.

"Ha! I'm not a rotten egg!" Asteria shouted as she ran through the doorway into the snow. They all turned around and watched Remus walk out still wrapping his scarf around him. "Ha! Moony is the rotten egg!" Sirius shouted.

"Ha! Sirius is getting no kisses tonight." Remus replied monotonously which made the boy let out a gasp. Asteria chuckled before looking up at the falling snow.

James chuckled at her as she began to spin around, her head up so the snowflakes landed in her hair and eyelashes.

Suddenly, a snowball hit the girl in the side. Her head snapped in the direction of Marlene who was laughing. Asteria quickly scooped up an armful of snow and threw it at the girl, hitting her in the face.

"Snowball fight!" Sirius shouted which made them all let out a shriek as they ran to the make snowballs. Asteria smirked as she collected some snow and threw it at James, hitting him in the chest.

"You're gonna pay for that!" He shouted before running after her. Asteria jumped over logs on the ground to get away from the Gryffindor.

"You'll never get m-" She was cut off when she tripped on a stone hidden by the snow, making her fall to the ground.

"Are you okay?" James asked as he rushed over to her, helping her sit up. "Yeah, I meant to do that." She lied, touching her lip to see blood on her finger.

"Really?" He asked with an eyebrow raised. "Yeah, to make snow angels." She added before laying back down and moving her arms and legs.

James looked down at her with a confused look. "Are you not going to join me?" She asked which made him lay down beside her and move his limbs.

"3...2...1," She counted before the two got up to inspect their snow angels. James had messed his up when he had for up but Asteria's was perfect. "Mines better." She announced.

James then chuckle at Asteria who began to shiver. "We should head inside before your hands turn blue." James said as he placed his hand at the small of her back as he led her back to the castle.

Asteria continued to shiver as they walked through the castle so James led her towards the kitchen. "Why are we going in here?" She asked.

"A hot chocolate. You look freezing." He replied. Asteria then put her hands into the pockets of James' coat which made him stop. "What are you doing?" He asked as she pushed herself up so her head could rest on his shoulder.

"Keeping my hands warm." She replied which made him sigh but smile before continuing to the Hogwarts kitchen.