fifty-seven

"good morning gang!" yangyang announced to the group of people the second he stepped out of the car

"good morning gang!" yangyang announced to the group of people the second he stepped out of the car. it was nearing seven a.m., everyone was tired and not wanting to move from their spots.

"we literally got up at 3 am. i don't know why he's so hyper." renjun muttered as he attempted to scratch the tiredness out of his eye.

"i'm excited," the newly brown-haired boy cheered, jogging over to isla, who was barely conscious, "where are these going?" he asked, taking her bags out of her hands.

she lead the boy to sichengs car, where she was going to be spending the next three hours. isla smartly chose to ride with sicheng and iseul because since all the other cars would be packed, the two would be riding in sichengs alone so isla would be able to have the entire backseat to herself.

with his trunk already being open, yangyang stuffed her bags inside while she kept her own little bag with a charger and headphones on her back. jeno came trudging over with his arms wrapped around his own body, watching as his friends packed things into the trunk of a car.

isla turned around to see him standing there, "hi."

"hi. i'm tired."

"hi tired, i'm isla."

"too early for your dad jokes."

"it's never too early for dad jokes."

before he could reply, isla turned back to the front of her house where the rest of the seven musketeers had been grabbing bags to pack into whatever car they were riding in. she picked up bags herself and began helping until everything was packed and ready to go.

"is that all?" jaemin questioned. everyone nodded, looking around once more to fully ensure everything was where it needed to be.

as isla got ready to head into sichengs car, she felt an arm slung around her shoulder. she didn't even need to turn to know who it was. "i'm riding with you." jeno said to her as they walked side by side.

"i thought you were driving?"

"no, i drove here and so jaemin is now. he has to lead the way anyways." he replied, opening the car door for her before jogging to the other side to get in next to her.

"i wanted to sleep back here by myself." isla pouted, leaning her head back into the seat after she closed the door.

"just lay your head on my lap. i'm comfy."

isla thought about it for a second and decided to rest her head onto his thigh, picking her own legs up and curling them into the seat so she was fully lying down while jeno rested his hand onto her head and occasionally stroked her hair. her eyes fluttered closed and she got ready to fall asleep, as it was too early, and it definitely didn't take long for her to go unconscious.

after only about an hour and a half later, isla woke up to see them still on the road. sicheng had been driving while iseuls seat was slightly moved back so she could sleep herself, which it looked like she was. isla took her phone out of her pocket, looking at it to see multiple texts from yangyang who was complaining about the others and yelling at her to wake up.