🏵️ Chapter 20🏵️: Upon His return

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

Frustrated, angry, worried, moody even embarrassed, wasn't the word that would fit into what I was feeling right now.

How could a fully grown business mongul just disappear like that, without any warning.

I fell on the chair which was right in front of the fireplace. Looking at the fire burn and split the woods in half, wasn't as facinating as it used to anymore. Oh no it wasn't.

My fingers aggressively went through my hair and ruffled it badly. My head was banging and I wasn't even in the mood to drink wine. I haven't had a good sleep this past three months, and the bags under my eyes felt like rocks. I've been living on liquids since the past two months and nothing seems to get better.

"Your highness, your tea".  I heard Kalia say as she dropped the tea on the little stool beside me.

"Kalia?" I called unto her when I heard her footsteps walking away.

"Yes, your highness"

"Any news from Cecilia?"

  "No, your highness. Her answer is still..." She trailed off, giving out a loud and deep sigh.

Even without her finishing her sentence, I understood what she wanted to say.

"You can leave". I ordered her and she curtised before she left.

  Aggressively taking the cup of tea she left behind, I smashed it on the fireplace, the contents of the cup extinguishing the fire.

"Your highness!"

  I fell back into the chair and sank inside. Putting my hand to my head, trying to take deep breaths and trying to calm down.

  "Your highness!" I heard Mary shout again but this time, she was closer and her footsteps were heavier than the first.

"Your highness!" She said, falling to my feet.

"What is your problem, Mary?!...What do you want?!" I asked her.

  She was trying to catch her breath but didn't give herself the chance to before she started talking. "Your high... highness...Master is..." She trailed off.

"What happened to your Master?" I asked, purely irritated at the incomplete sentence she was giving me.

"Master is..."

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR MASTER?!" I yelled at her more irritated than ever. She flinched and meawed out "Master is home"

It took a while before I digested the information. But even before I did, my body was already making its way to the entrance of the mansion.

  I came to an adrupt stop when I saw Dure walk into the mansion with Lorenzo and Ameed behind him. He was looking smart as always in his Blue suit.

Everything felt so unreal to me even though I knew that this moment is what I've been waiting for.

With the Bodyguards and the workers on each side of the entrance, my husband stopped when he saw me. I was the only one standing in his way, twelve footsteps away from him.

With a smile on his lips, his hands stretched far out wide like he was expecting an embrace or something, he said "I'm home, Nora. Do you miss me?"

  I walked towards him slowly with so much confusion in my heart.

Is this real?...Or is it one of my many dreams?! What if he wasn't real?...What if I'm seeing his ghosts?... What if he died like father and left without a word and his spirit is here to say goodbye?