𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞||𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟

A/N: slightly longer chapter cuz I feel bad 😃

For the past 12 hours we have been sitting in the waiting room after Xavier went into the operating room

For the past 12 hours we have been sitting in the waiting room after Xavier went into the operating room. 12 hours and I haven't slept because my mind can't seem to shut off. Doctors passed by us but none of them gave us an update on Xavier's condition. I've been staring blankly at the wall opposite me with tears falling silently down my pink cheeks as Pietro abs Valentina slept in the uncomfortable chairs. I can't sleep knowing he's on a hospital bed dying.

"Mrs Hernandez?" I looked away from the wall, wiping my eyes to see the same doctor from earlier in front of me.

Immediately I shot up from my seat, "How is he?" I sniffed as he gave me a small smile.

"We've managed to get him stabilised for now," He nodded towards Xavier's door, "you can see him if you'd like. I'll discuss more with you when he wakes up."

I sighed a breath of relief, feeling my lips curl upwards, "Thank you." I looked towards Pietro and Valentina too see that they're still sleeping so I decided to let them rest.

I walked pass the doctor and quickly made my way to Xavier's room. I put my hood up to cover my messy hair and opened his door. He was still attached to wires but this time he didn't have the mask on like earlier. He was still unconscious as his chest rose and fell slowly in sync with the heart rate monitor. Sitting down on the chair next to his bed, I held his hand again as I stared up at him.

"Asshole you scared me," I grumbled, closing my eyes as I rested my forehead on our intertwined hands. "don't do that again or I might just kill you myself."

I yawned before placing a soft kiss on his hand, "Get the fuck up, you've slept long enough," I turned my head to the side to face him, "We're worried about you, Xav. Please."

꧁꧂

Fingers trailing gently through my hair made me groan in irritation, "Fuck off." I grumbled half asleep.

"Amore?" A familiar voice rasped out weakly making me shoot my head up to be met with blue eyes I've missed so much. "Have you been crying?"

"Zay!" I grinned up at him, cupping his cheeks, "Oh my God." I breathed out, completing ignoring his question. He's okay.

He looked down at me through hooded eyes as his lips curved upwards slightly before his eyes moved around the room. "Fuck me." He whispered under his breath, ruffling his unkept hair.

Lightly I punched his shoulder earning a glare from him, "Don't scare me like that you motherfucker! Do you know how worried I w-"

I was interrupted by a hand covering my mouth, "Shh, you worry too much."

"Me worry too much?! You almost died!" I threw my hands up in the air, glaring at him.