Chapter 16: Gone again

I wake up and go to sit up keeping my eyes closed but feeling a weight on my chest. I open my eyes to find out what's holding me down and see Lizzie curled up, her head laying on my chest and hand gripping my sweater. I look around and notice we are still on the couch. I guess we must have fallen asleep watching the movie. The television screen is black so she must have turned it off because I didn't. I slowly get up to check the time trying not to wake her but the couch creaks and she stirs awake.

"Hi." She says in a more raspy voice than usual.

"Hi," I reply softly and smile.

"Did we?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I guess we fell asleep. I was getting up to check the time but I tried not to wake you. You looked comfy sleeping there." I say.

"It's ok. And I was comfy."

"I could tell, u had quite the grip on my sweater holding me down." I joke and she blushes.

"Oops, sorry." She says and I laugh.

"Do you want breakfast?" I ask as my stomach grumbles.

"Yes, please! I can help you make something."

"Don't worry, I can make you something. You made dinner yesterday so I can make breakfast." I say and she nods.

I make some eggs and toast while Lizzie watches a show and I observe her focused eyes on the tv. Now and then I catch her glance over at me and smile, but I pretend not to notice. We eat our breakfast-making small comments back and forth, then get ready for the day. We go about our day doing regular chores around like yesterday. Lizzie helps with the animals and tends to the garden while I do maintenance on some things. We eat our meals for the day and go to our separate beds, unlike last night.

A week has gone by with Lizzie living with me and it's been going great. She is getting comfortable around here and is getting used to the farm. She even went into the chicken pen on her own yesterday! We have gotten much closer in the past couple of days, learning more about each other and getting into deeper conversations about life. It's nice. Half the time I forget she is a celebrity and has another life of her outside of the farm. I'm just glad everything is going well.

Today is pretty similar to the rest of the week. I'm just going to do the farm work and hang around. I'm not sure what Lizzie's plans are but she is welcome to hang around with me.

She walks out of my room after getting ready and she looks dressed up, hair and makeup did too.

"You look fancy. Going somewhere?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I am actually. While you were in the shower I got a call from my manager saying I have to go to an interview and then a party tonight. I'm probably not going to be home till tomorrow morning
so I will stay at the hotel near the party."
She replies and grabs some of her things.

"Oh ok, have fun. I guess I will see you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah, tomorrow. Thanks. Bye!" She says and runs out the door to hop in the car that just pulled up.

I look over at the small table beside the couch and see her phone sitting there. I quickly grab it, open the door and yell out. "Lizzie! You forgot your phone!"

The car stops and Lizzie quickly runs back inside to grab her phone. I stand to the side of the door and when she tries to run past me, I step in her way causing her to bump into me. She stumbles backwards almost falling over before I reach around her back stopping her. We hold eye contact while my arm is still wrapped around her body and our cheeks both turn bright red.