11

I know it's really short but I just wanted to give you guys something. I couldn't find the motivation to write a long chapter but I don't want to leave you guys hanging. I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I've been really tired and stressed lately plus ski season started and that's what I've mainly been doing in the little spare time I have right now. Anyways hope you enjoy this short blurb of words.

0 days. How many hours? She didn't know.

Over the past week Sophie's closet had become the storage facility for 3 potted trees, a cafeteria bench, a toilet seat, 2 paper towel dispensers and a whole desk. Her friends had similar objects in their homes as well.

And well... it worked. Keefe's crazy plan worked.

The whole school had just been called down to the cafeteria for an assembly.

"Good morning prodigies and mentors. It has come to my attention lately that the school has been experiencing quite a bit of vandalism," Mantage Leto spoke through the projection in the wall. "Many objects have gone missing around the school within the last week and it needs to stop immediately. We are working to find the culprit and we ask that if you know anything, please come forward."

Whispers erupted throughout the room along with a few giggles.

Mantage Leto waited for anyone to speak up before sighing.

"All right then. Since no one has come forward we will have to resort to telepathy; everyone take a seat lessons are canceled for today." He muttered in defeat.

Well that couldn't have gone any better.

***

It was about an hour in and the telepaths had yet to reach Sophie or her friends. They were all shaking with anticipation at what was to come, or more when it was to come.

It was at that moment that Sophie realized, it had become... quiet. Sure there was still the low chatter of people in the room but the birds chirping and the wind blowing outside had all stopped. It was too quiet.

That's when the alarms went off.

Blaring sirens filled the room and prodigies began to scream in fear as words were spoken through the loud speakers.

"All students report to the cafeteria immediately, Foxfire is under attack."