Chapter X: Elf

"You were STABBED?!" I sighed. Finn and I had gotten back to the manor only for Nik to totally freak out over the information Finn told him. I got up from my spot on the couch, standing in front of him and placing my hands on his chest.

"Nik- You need to calm down." I told him calmly. My voice and touch calming him for a moment, before he saw the cardigan I had worn behind us on the couch, a hole in the back of it. His eyes flashed and his fangs came out as he snapped them in anger.

"I'm going to kill them." He growled. I reached up, cupping his face in my hands and forcing him to look at me. He fought for a moment until my nose lightly touched his, pulling his eyes to look into my own yellow eyes.

"Calm down." I said slowly, nudging my nose against his softly in a playful matter, my head tilting slightly as if I was going to kiss him. His eyes went back to the gorgeous blue-green he had and glanced down at my lips. A breath getting caught in his throat. "They went for Finn. Not me. I protected him." I told him calmly, moving my lips to hover closer to his, my breath heating his lips up.

"You shouldn't have to do that." Kol spoke up from his spot on the couch, pulling my attention from his brother. Surprisingly, none of the brothers seemed jealous of the attention Klaus was getting from me. Probably knowing he needed help calming down before he did something truly stupid. Klaus growled as if to agree, or maybe because I had pulled away from him.

"I can handle myself just fine, thank you." I told him in confidence. Kol gave me a smirk before he zoomed off, coming up behind me and wrapping his arm around my throat.

"Can you, love?" He whispered, leaning down to my ear. I moved my head to the side some as he dragged his nose up my throat, inhaling my scent so he would relax more. "From where I'm standing, you seem to be in a situation." He whispered, his breath hitting my ear before he nipped at my earlobe playfully. I smiled, confusing the other brothers except for Finn who just rolled his eyes at his younger brother.

"I believe you are not seeing the full picture, darlin'." I retorted back, placing my hand on his arm before turning my body to face him. He looked confused on how I got him to loosen his hold when he had not meant to. The confidence wiping from his strong face. My hand moved to his cheek, my fingers dragging across his cheek and lightly touching his full lips. Gold light was flashing through my hand and soaking into his skin. "Release me, Kol." I told him softly, my voice making his eyes flash gold as Sage's did in town earlier today. He released his hold on me and stood up straight, leaning into my hand. "Admit it." I whispered, leaning closer to him.

"Admit what?" He asked, his voice showing how dazed he was. I smiled at him.

"Admit I'm stronger than you." I told him. I heard Finn let out a soft chuckle at my request.

"You're stronger than me." Kol admitted. I tilted my head upwards, my lips hovering over his lips.

"Now, stand on one leg." I told him, my lips barely brushing against his this time. A smile stretching against my lips as he did as I told him, lifting his left leg up off the ground. I pulled away from him, carefully. As soon as I pulled away, he blinked, confused. Dropping his leg to the ground.

"How did you do that?!" Klaus exclaimed, excitement and amusement in his voice.

"I suppose I need to explain some things about Elf's now." I said, pulling my bottom lip between my teeth as I glanced to my mates. Rebekah was smiling in laughter at her brother, seeing him act like an obedient dog was something she never thought would happen.

"Yes, and please never do that to me again." Kol muttered, finally snapping back into himself. I turned my head slightly and smiled at him.

"You were the one to test me, love." I teased him. He only shook his head and moved to sit back down at the couch, clearly annoyed I had bested him. I turned to see all of my mates, including Rebekah, looking at me expectantly. Sighing, I thought about where to start. "Elf's are known to be gentle and emotional creatures. We can manipulate other creatures who are made from magic to do as we please. The little bit of magic we feed them puts them into a daze so to speak." I started.

"Wait- Is this how you compelled Elena?" Elijah asked, leaning forward from his spot on a chair and resting his chin in his hand to show interest. I nodded.

"She's a doppleganger, literally made from magic. Vampires, Wolves, witches... Sometimes I can make it work on humans, if they are potential Hunters or dormant Wolves." I explained.

"That explains what you did to Sage, but what about Stefan? You didn't do that to him." Finn questioned.

"Sage was there!?" Rebekah snapped. She clearly did not like this Sage woman.

"Don't worry, Sage will not be reappearing again. I made sure of it." I told her with a slight sinister smile. She smirked at me.

"I'm starting to really like you." She responded.

"Uh- Stefan," I started, unsure if that was hero boys name, Finn nodding assured me it was, "I fed off his magic." I added simply. Kol let out a laugh.

"You fed off of him??" Kol said in a crazed laugh. I met his brown eyes, he looked angry and jealous.

"It wasn't an intimate exchange, Kol. I was angry so I accidentally fed off of him. Elf's frown upon it. We only resort to feeding off another's magic if we are near death or extremely angry." I explained, my voice getting low. "I could have killed him.." I whispered. I felt ashamed. Elf's are not normally violent creatures. We dance in the moon light and celebrate life. But since I had wolf in me and now this vampire way of life...I was more violent than I had ever been. I felt someone rush towards me, wrapping their arms around me.

"It's okay, Astin." Elijah whispered, leaning his head into my neck, his hand threading into my hair and pushing it to rest on his chest.

"Why does this upset you?" Klaus questioned. He was truly confused. If he had the chance he would have killed the young Salvatore brother himself. But here was his mate, ashamed of bringing him to near death.

"Elf's frown upon killing other magical creatures." I told him, lifting my head from Elijah's chest. "Sure I'm violent unlike my kind, but I'm part Wolf. I've woken up drenched in blood, have rolled around in the bodies of the victims I have killed. But those were humans." Kol smirked at my description. His psychotic side showing some. "But now that I'm a vampire... I can feel the switch of my humanity flickering. My anger nearly short fused it... I don't want to know what I would be like if it were to be turned off." Klaus stood up and pulled me from Elijah's arms, hugging me to him before cupping my face, making me look at him. His blue-green eyes shining.

"I won't let that happen." He promised. I smiled at him slightly. I knew none of my mates would let me lose it. They barely knew me yet they understood I had morals.

"Wait. You explained your feeding and manipulation. But at the ball, it was like pixie dust coming from you." Rebekah mentioned. I looked over at her and smirked.

"I have magic just like a witch. Pixie's don't exist. Elf's usually get confused for those pesky sounding creatures." I told her. She let out a laugh, nodding. "I don't use magic often, it takes too much to use. It's why we can feed on magical creatures. Using our magic makes us need to feed. I only used it twice my whole life." I told them. Thoughts of when I first used my magic running through my head. That was pegged as the worse day of my life.