admiral zhao's ship

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

i don't like sharing

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉

AIRI had woken up feeling worse than she had when she was asleep. Her head was pounding, and though her ribs on her left side no longer felt as though they were digging into her lungs, her side was twice as sore as it had been before. The first thing that she saw was that her body was covered in bruises. Then, she noticed how unfamiliar the room was.

She had been in the ship's med bay plenty of times. Even though Zuko usually lost in their training sessions and she rarely actually got to fight people, she managed to collect her number of injuries, usually caused by her stubbornness to take care of something right when it began to hurt. But this place was not the med bay, not on Prince Zuko's ship at least. Her first thought was that she was back in the fire nation, somewhere in the palace. But this place was far too dark to be the palace, and she was pretty sure that the gentle swaying of the room was from the ocean and not her head.

The door opened, and she struggled to try and sit up. She let out a sigh of relief from a breath she didn't know she had been holding in when she recognized Iroh. She took a guess and assumed the soldier next to him was Zuko, only confirmed when he pulled the faceplate down from the helmet and revealed his scar, paired with a dark purple black eye on his other eye.

"Airi, it is good to see you up," Iroh said, smiling at the young woman. She finally managed to push herself up into a full sitting position.

"Have I been asleep for long?" she asked, understanding the double meaning of Iroh's words.

"Almost two days," Zuko answered, looking uncharacteristically worried. Airi pursed her lips.

"And what happened?" she asked. "This clearly isn't the ship."

"It's Admiral Zhao's ship," Iroh explained. "I believe he sent pirates to blow up the other ship in an attempt to kill Prince Zuko."

"Hmm," Airi said, unsurprised. "Clearly didn't work."

"No one knows I'm alive other than you two," Zuko said firmly, clearly advising her to let it stay that way.

"You were on the ship as well," Iroh said. "It is lucky you survived, and lucky that I found you when I did."

"Does Zhao know I'm here?" Airi asked.

Iroh nodded. "I agreed to act as his general for his siege on the northern water tribe and he agreed to offer his medical bay to you. I am sure once he finds that you are awake, he will want more from you."

"I see no reason to wait," Airi sighed, sliding off the bed. Zuko pulled the face plate back on.

"See me if there's anymore news," Zuko said. Iron nodded and Zuko was gone once more.

"Come, my friend," Iroh said, turning back to Airi. "There is no need to do this alone." Iroh patted Airi's shoulder comfortingly and together they sought out Admiral Zhao.

"Ah, Gerneral Iroh," Zhao said. "Any news?"

"Not any That would interest you," Iroh said pleasantly. Airi was impressed. She had almost forgotten that Iroh had one else been a general and military strategist.

"Ah, the handmaiden is awake," Zhao said noticing Airi.

"Yes, thank you for allowing General Iroh to use your medical facilities for my sake, Admiral Zhao," Airi said, bowing slightly.

"The pleasure is all mine," Zhao said, a smile spreading across his face. "Anything to help a beautiful young woman such as yourself."

"You flatter me too much," Airi said, trying not to throw up in her mouth. "General Iroh has told me that you mean to take the Northern Water Tribe for the Fire Lord."